Glaznix GL-7TA Stock Recovery Help

flyfishing123

Apr 29, 2014
My Glaznix GL-7TA 7" tablet started booting to the screen with the "Dead Android" and red triangle. I haven't been able to figure out how to get in to the recovery options... until now.

Below are the steps to get rid of the Dead Android and recover your tablet. I'm also including the instructions to get to the recovery screen (in case your tablet doesn't already boot to it automatically):

1. Press and hold the Power and Menu buttons at the same time. Once the tablet powers on and the Glaznix logo appears, you may release both buttons. After a few seconds the Dead Android with a red triangle will appear.

2. Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up button then release the Power button. This will cause the Android System Recovery menu to appear.

3. If your tablet will not boot properly you will need to select: wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it.

4. Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap the Power button. Your tablet will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased. If the tablet freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it turns off. Then restart your tablet normally.

It took me FOREVER to figure this out! I'm super frustrated that Glaznix doesn't have a web page (that's what I get for buying a generic tablet, I guess) I hope this will help someone.

Last edited: