gmail account issue

jmg_lag

Apr 14, 2011
I am trying to add another account (or even modify my existing account) for gmail on my 7015, but the app keeps crashing when I try to add an account.

how can I delete and re-install gmail for Android? It does not show up under any app management or delete applications I have tried?

I have a rooted 7015 running 2.1 (procedure from this forum).

Thanks.
Mike

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
add the other account from your PC then sync up to the tablet. Also Gmail is in your system/app folder

Last edited:

Murf

Jun 20, 2011
Promek1,

I've heard others talk about syncing the PC to tablet. What actions do you do make that happen? Thanks.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Promek1,

I've heard others talk about syncing the PC to tablet. What actions do you do make that happen? Thanks.

hey Murf i see you on tipster Forum... click on contacts the hit the menu button on the side of the tablet.. the click accounts.. make sure Auto sync is checked. then click on your email account below and make sure all the sync options are checked,contacts,gmail,calender. when you go to gmail on your pc if you add a contact or create a new account it automatically sync to your Coby..

On 2.1 rom you can get to it from the settings button then scroll down to account settings i think. hope this helps

Last edited:

CaseyP

Jan 31, 2012
... click on contacts the hit the menu button on the side of the tablet.. the click accounts.. make sure Auto sync is checked.

I've heard this a number of times while reading up on this particular issue. When you say click on Contacts, do you mean in Gmail? My Gmail app just loads my email, there is no contacts button. When I hit Menu while in Gmail, I get Accounts, it lists my email address (google account), so I click it, and it returns me to my inbox. Could you elaborate on where we are hitting contacts at?

Thanks,

Casey

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've heard this a number of times while reading up on this particular issue. When you say click on Contacts, do you mean in Gmail? My Gmail app just loads my email, there is no contacts button. When I hit Menu while in Gmail, I get Accounts, it lists my email address (google account), so I click it, and it returns me to my inbox. Could you elaborate on where we are hitting contacts at?

I think he's talking about Contacts.apk, you can do the same if you go to Settings -> Accounts & sync. Some tablets seem to have this option missing in Settings, that's why the other path is needed. If you don't have either Contacts app nor Accounts & sync, then you may need to install this app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.shantz.quicksyncsettings

CaseyP

Jan 31, 2012
Thank you, I downloaded the app. My tablet didn't have Contacts.apk or the option in settings. The app seemed to work as a patch for it.