Gmail app keeps saying no connection

paulettetripp

Jul 4, 2012
Does anyone know what settings I need to correct the above error message. My wifi works for browsing just won't let me do Gmail. I loads my gmail just won't send or open inbox

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Can you connect to other google services (Play Store, GTalk, etc.)?

If not, you may have a proxy issue if you installed PDANet or something like that.

paulettetripp

Jul 4, 2012
I got my email configured and now the play store won't work it was working but in trying to fix the email I might have messed up other settings

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I got my email configured and now the play store won't work it was working but in trying to fix the email I might have messed up other settings

OhOh ;)

I have no idea what you may have done to cause the Play app not to work. What exactly is it doing? Are you getting an error?

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Paulette,

Have you tried to reinsall the factory firmware? Sounds like that would do the job. My wife had the same problem with her Idolian TouchTab 10 (An Upgraded C91 by another name. I relflashed it and haven't had any further problems.

Here's the location to get the firmware from.

http://zenithink.com/Eproducts_C91_2.php?download

Get back with me.

Rob

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
A lot of Google sites require the time and date to be correct, including play store

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

paulettetripp

Jul 4, 2012
thanks for all the replies.I got it working by deleting the playstore app and downloading the newest version for icecream ics I had to email it to myself and just opened the attachment to install.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
thanks for all the replies.I got it working by deleting the playstore app and downloading the newest version for icecream ics I had to email it to myself and just opened the attachment to install.

Good work, that was going to be my next suggestion. ;)