Gmail app? (spellcheck/autocorrect?)

Jun 26, 2011
My girlfriend has an ASUS Transformer and I'm getting mine today. I love her's but she has one complaint - no autocorrect. Is there maybe an option or something to turn it on? Is her's malfunctioning? Is there another app comparable to gmail that she could use instead?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
do you have a dictionary defined to go along with autocorrect? also, what input method are you using?

Jun 26, 2011
do you have a dictionary defined to go along with autocorrect? also, what input method are you using?

I see no indication of a dictionary. Using ASUS Keyboard. I'll try with the android one and edit this post.

EDIT: It's because I'm using the physical keyboard dock attachment. Is there a way to enable autocorrect for that?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2011
hmmm.....don't know the answer to the question about the keyboard, or because you are using the ASUS keyboard. i use SlideIT or the default.

I tried using the default (android) keyboard and it worked, but while using the physical keyboard (still with android keyboard settings), it didn't work.

Jun 26, 2011
I read somewhere that "Ultra Keyboard" worked and sure enough, it did. I went ahead and got it for both my girlfriend's and mine. Thanks again :)