Gmail contacts

Discussion in 'Coby Tablet Apps and Games' started by billquinn1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. billquinn1

billquinn1 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 7015
    Has any one thought of a way to get your contacts syncing on a Coby tab. I installed the other Google apps with market and all but you don't get a dialer. I installed one I had from a phone rom but as you could guess it just force closes. If anyone finds one that will sync contacts that would be valuable.

Bill
  2. javier2

javier2 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros
    I know that the app BITZER GOOGLE obtains contacts list from gmail when you are to compose a new mail. This app is free but I could not download it from the market, if anybody can put a link to download the .apk would be great.
  3. vanjhelion

vanjhelion Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros 7015
    use some custom roms,its working there.

Sent from my 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V12.0-B18 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  4. javier2

javier2 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros
    I've just now found TOUCHDOWN a mail client with full sync with google or exchange.
  5. kentybishop

kentybishop Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    android idolian
    you need to download contacts_2.2.apk google and you will find..
    install and when setting up the excahnge server use the following key information... I got this and it works

[HR][/HR]I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm deploying on Tuesday so I've been unwantingly busy. This afternoon I took the time to sit down and, ironically enough, Google the hell out of Google for their bloody support number. Sure enough, they don't like to advertise it (went to a good 200 pages in their support section before I finally found it). Then they put me on hold 3 or 4 times while I was tranferred to the Android department, the Applications department, the Accounts department, and finally the "general" helpdesk.

--- 3 hrs. later ---

They e-mailed me a link to a support page: Setup Instructions : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

What do you know, it actually worked.

Simply put, if you ever get the issue in Accounts & Sync for a gMail account where it prompts you for the Domain\Username, Password, and Server, here's what you enter:
    Domain\Username: \(user)@gmail.com
    Password: (password)
    Server: m.google.com

Notice how Google is underlined, it's because it's NOT gmail.com, android.com, googlemail.com, and any other Google owned domain like I had tried via other help pages.

I hope this helps others not to feel as stupid as I do now that I realize how close I was to the answer and how obvious it should have been.
  6. parham

parham Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    coby
    I cant understand But download google play services from bazar store or any other apk stre can sync your accounts with other progrom on your coby