Gmail Sync and Contact list App

dinkum

Jun 24, 2011
Hi Folks

On my Android phone I have a Contact list available to me that includes email addresses that I can use if and when I send emails from it.

In my Android 2.3 tablet I do not have a Contact list there so I have to enter each and every address manually when I send and email. Is there such a thing as a Contact App available? I have searched and cannot find one.

When I use Gmail on this note book it brings up, syncs, all my address stored there easy to use. But when I use the Android 2.3 Tablet with Gmail whilst is says it is synced it does not bring up the addresses stored on my Gmail site?

Any advice on either of the above queries would certainly be greatly appreciated and will save me pulling more hair.

Very happy with my tablet but also very much disappointed that I cannot get a contact list going and emailing working easily without having to enter every address in manually every time I send an email.

Looking forward to some constructive helpful replies coming my way.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You should have an app in your app drawer called contacts, that will have your gmail contacts. It is possible that your contacts have not been sync'd from your phone to your gmail account, login to contacts.google.com and see if you see them there. IF they are there, then you can easily get them to your tablet. You did not say anything about your tablet except it is 2.3. What brand, model and ROM? It is possible that the ROM did not include contacts.apk, which would be all you should need to see them.

dinkum

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks just runnin out the door at present will check later in the day, appreciate your reply

dinkum

Jun 24, 2011
Hi Again, unlike my PC where the info is easily found and being my first Android Tablet I found that I could not find the info requested on the tablet itself so I went to Kogan's web page I got the following
Kogan 7" Tablet
Android 2.3
Model Number KATBL07ANDAB
Model Cortex A8
CPU speed 1.0Ghz
GPU speed 200Mhz
Rom I could not find this out checked the Tablet but could not find it possibly not looking in the right place.

Logining into Gmail from this PC I find that all my contacts are there I can use Gmail from this PC without problems.

Really appreciate your advice many thanks
Brian

dinkum

Jun 24, 2011
If I go through the tablet Browser I can get into my Gmai account and use it but clicking on Gmail on the browser I do not get the contacts.
Is it possible and if so how do I install Contact.apk on my tablet?
Thanks again
Brian

johnt2u

Dec 23, 2011
I have a
Zenithink ZT-280 C91 ZEPAD 10.2" Android 2.3 Tablet 8 GB NAND HDMI MicroSD slot.

I do not have a contacts app anywhere. My calendar has synced with gmail. Here's an odd thing. If I select "shortcut" when adding to the home screen. I can see my contacts and add just one contact to the screen. However if I select "application".. there is nothing for a "Contacts" related app... looked at them all... thought it might say "people" or something...nope.
HELP!!

Brucifer

Dec 24, 2011
I'm having the same issue on a pair of Kyros MID 7012 that I bought for my kids they are currently running a stock rom. I have no issues installing apps and such but I can not find the "contacts.apk" I'm planning on giving these to my kids tonight if someone can post a link or recommend a place to find it that would awesome!