Gome Flytouch 2 Infotmic X210 10" Android 2.1 Tablet Description

fargo

Nov 8, 2010
Good stuff. With all these expansions, I see it taking over the ZT-180. But wait, any news about firmware updates? You know, ZeniThink are very active guys :)

BTW, This FlyTouch company used to have a website, but it vanished!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Good stuff. With all these expansions, I see it taking over the ZT-180. But wait, any news about firmware updates? You know, ZeniThink are very active guys :)

Gome Flytouch it's there you need to go undercover to get there. Frankly there isn't anything there. Those links I have provided is what I had uncovered. Don't know what's the huge secret about the Tablet.

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010

Flytouch2 has built in update software but it is not working now. Tablets asks to enter some license number in order to use update. Also register button pops up from time to time when connection to wifi, same asks enter license number. Seller Li Yi told to provide this license number in two weeks.

In article provided by tipstir something mentioned about improved screen, its responds to touch. Screen is absolutely not responsive to finger, only to nail or stylus. With nail already scrached screen... Looked some demo video of ZT-180, responds of touch screen is nothing even close to ZT-180...

Can someone advice me some trusted system information app to find exact specifics of my tablet?

In paypal dispute, responds to my statement of cpu 800mhz, ram 184mb

Please note the testing app won't show the total RAM or ROM, The CPU needs to work on the system in order for it to run, so the system takes up some mhz. The same goes to the RAM.
Does this sound real?

Last edited:

nowheretohide

Nov 11, 2010
Flytouch2 has built in update software but it is not working now. Tablets asks to enter some license number in order to use update. Also register button pops up from time to time when connection to wifi, same asks enter license number. Seller Li Yi told to provide this license number in two weeks.

Actually today I got license in the market. But it says there is problem with network and cannot register.

maacasey

Nov 16, 2010
i recently purchased the flytouch 2 and have some issues with it. a week earlier i recieved the eken m001 that i purchased from bigbox store.com. it was under $100 so i had low expectations, but when i played with it awhile, i was impressed with the performance of the m001. on the other hand, the flytouch 2 was much less impressive. the responsiveness of the touch screen is really poor. you can forget about finger swiping thru menus, and you have to tap really hard to enter a selection. i guess thats why there is a stylus built in.
luckily, the purpose i use the flytouch for allows me to use a usb mouse since i don't have to hold the pad ever. the second issue is apps that don't work. when i click youtube it appears that its going to open, but then just goes back to the home screen without error message. the android market opens just as it does on my htc incredible, but when i try to download an app it always says installation failed. when i first power on the unit a dialog box with 4 text boxes pops up asking for registration. i recieved no manual or paperwork of any kind from shenit.com,so i have no idea what my registration no. is. i just click register later and move on to the home screen. the notification at the top left of the screen that says 'registration cancelled' says that some apps may not work until the device is registered. i just sent my concerns to [email protected] so i'll update this post with a review of their support. on a positive note, the flytouch is pulling in the signal of my netopia router thats over 300 feet away with several walls in between (including a thick concrete wall). the signal strength is low but it still opens my flickr photostream in reasonable time. i hope shenit can resolve my issues, otherwise i paid twice the price of the eken with half the value. i will report my findings.

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
I recieved my Fly Touch2 today that i ordered from shenit.com.

First impressions were not good, the box is a very general box, simply says "MID Tablet PC" on it, doesn't say what model is even in the box.
On the bottom of the box it says CPU, OS, Screen Size, Resolution, WIFI, USB port, LAN, Sound.

Opened up the box and inside was the device, underneath it a 2 pin wall charger and the instruction manual. There was also a small empty bag which i guess normally has the GPS Antenna inside but i didn't get one (i thought i was but i must have missed the checkbox to get it on the website).

Looking closely at the device i can see a few scuff marks around the silver edge on the front. Not good for a device which should be brand new.

Time to boot! Booting takes about 30 seconds, there was no setup screen and the device booted up in chinese. A quick google and i have it set back to english. Also did a factory reset at this point to set everything back to default.

Also through doing this i noticed the screen is actually pretty responsive, unlike the previous poster i can happily use my fingers to swipe through menus. Id say its only slightly more pressure needed then light swiping which is pretty good. Took me a few minutes to get used to the pressure needed as im used to my iPhone screen. When using the stylus though the screen is very very responsive.

After reading the previous post i decided to head straight to youtube after connecting to wifi to see if my youtube worked. First time i went in it told me to correct the time (time was set to chinese time and i hadn't noticed). I set the time correctly and went back on, it works fine, videos buffer fine, they play fine, youtube works.

I then decided to head to the market to see if that worked, yup, works fine, i can browse and search for apps fine, and they download and install fine.

I stuck a 720p HD Movie onto my memory card and put that in, i held my breath as i expected it to lag or to jump quite a bit but NO! It plays flawlessly! No jumping, no lagging, audio and video are perfect. Infact the video looks absolutely stunning on the screen! I've not yet tried a 1080p movie as i cant find any within the FAT32 file format size limit.

Went on the camera and it's okay, took a photo.
$Photo.jpg

Also took two videos, the first you could barely hear any audio.
The second after turning up the volume a fair bit on the tv you could just about make it out.
You can download these 2 videos in a .rar file here

If theres anything anyone would like to ask about it im happy to answer questions.

Edit:
Just thought id upload a few screenies of the Android System Info application.
$Android System Info (1).jpg$Android System Info (2).jpg$Android System Info (3).jpg$Android System Info (4).jpg

Last edited:

skye lee

Nov 4, 2010
This maybe governing factor on me buying this product. I was worried about it and maybe you confirmed a few things for me. But I also saw a rebranded version on Flying Touch II 10 inch Google Android 2.1 GPS MID Tablet PC

what do you mean by rebranded version? does that mean the flytouch2 from the link you provided is not the real " flytouch 2"?
and sorry for random question but does **************** trustable shopping mall?

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
I managed to get my license code from shenit and put it in, updated it and it got to 100% restarted. Then when it was back on it said it was the most up to date version and asked to restart again, so i did, and it still said the same thing so i cancelled the restart this time.
Carried on using my device and noticed no difference.

But now i have a problem, i was using it listning to music and drawing on a paint application and all of a sudden it turned off, also the charging light went out even though it was plugged in. Tried turning it back on but it wont get passed the green screen. I've done a factory reset and it still wont get passed the green screen.
Doesnt seem like a good tablet if it just bricks itself after a few days.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
i recently purchased the flytouch 2 and have some issues with it. a week earlier i recieved the eken m001 that i purchased from bigbox store.com. it was under $100 so i had low expectations, but when i played with it awhile, i was impressed with the performance of the m001. on the other hand, the flytouch 2 was much less impressive. the responsiveness of the touch screen is really poor. you can forget about finger swiping thru menus, and you have to tap really hard to enter a selection. i guess thats why there is a stylus built in.
luckily, the purpose i use the flytouch for allows me to use a usb mouse since i don't have to hold the pad ever. the second issue is apps that don't work. when i click youtube it appears that its going to open, but then just goes back to the home screen without error message. the android market opens just as it does on my htc incredible, but when i try to download an app it always says installation failed. when i first power on the unit a dialog box with 4 text boxes pops up asking for registration. i recieved no manual or paperwork of any kind from shenit.com,so i have no idea what my registration no. is. i just click register later and move on to the home screen. the notification at the top left of the screen that says 'registration cancelled' says that some apps may not work until the device is registered. i just sent my concerns to [email protected] so i'll update this post with a review of their support. on a positive note, the flytouch is pulling in the signal of my netopia router thats over 300 feet away with several walls in between (including a thick concrete wall). the signal strength is low but it still opens my flickr photostream in reasonable time. i hope shenit can resolve my issues, otherwise i paid twice the price of the eken with half the value. i will report my findings.

Hello, do you have a support ticket number? Please provide us your suppor ticket number so that I can follow up with our customer service agent on your issue. Anyway, you can actually find your registration number inside the package box. Thanks

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
I managed to get my license code from shenit and put it in, updated it and it got to 100% restarted. Then when it was back on it said it was the most up to date version and asked to restart again, so i did, and it still said the same thing so i cancelled the restart this time.
Carried on using my device and noticed no difference.

But now i have a problem, i was using it listning to music and drawing on a paint application and all of a sudden it turned off, also the charging light went out even though it was plugged in. Tried turning it back on but it wont get passed the green screen. I've done a factory reset and it still wont get passed the green screen.
Doesnt seem like a good tablet if it just bricks itself after a few days.

We are sorry to know that you are having issue with your tablet. Have you been able to solve it yet? You may contact us an open a support ticket with us at Shenit.com - China Wholesale Electronics

Migz93

Nov 1, 2010
We are sorry to know that you are having issue with your tablet. Have you been able to solve it yet? You may contact us an open a support ticket with us at Shenit.com - China Wholesale Electronics
I was able to solve the license code problem with you yes, the person i spoke to also told me to look in my box but it wasn't there so you provided me a code to use, thank you.

But this new problem of my tablet just turning off and not being able to turn on i have no solved. I did not realise you would be able to help with this? I will be opening another support ticket about this then.

petelucas

Oct 30, 2010
I have just brought the fly touch 2 with gps on ebay, with no reg number spoke to the seller he has told me he will email me all updates so i dont need reg number as it all works okay.