Good by kyros

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
I did not sleep out for black friday and was not even trying to get a tab but I was able to pick up 2 asus transformers 16gb.

This morning I returned 2 7022 I picked up last month. One was still unopened in the box.

The 7022 was a great tab for the price and it ran netflix and flash with no issues. Below are my gripes on the 7022.

1. Silver orb button no longer clicked/popped. I was worried it would stop fuctioning all to together and it had become much more sensitive.
2. Battery life is crap. Even having nothing running.
3. Could not ever get google contacts or calendar to work/ sync. I understand it was not on the tab oem. Everything on my asus just works.

Again, I did l like the 7022 and if they ever update it to honeycomb and get few of these other issues resolved may pick up couple for the kids.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
The key here is "great tab for the price". Of course it won't do a lot of things or do things as well as some of the more expensive tablets. But the whole idea with Kyros lovers is to get the most bang for the buck.

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
I also thought I read where new generation did away with hard buttons and even has improved battery life. I did not abuse my 7022 so not sire it was fluke or what that my button started having problems.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I also thought I read where new generation did away with hard buttons and even has improved battery life. I did not abuse my 7022 so not sire it was fluke or what that my button started having problems.

From what I've read the 7127 is the direct replacement of the 7022. Buttons are lit, but I can't recall if they're a soft button or even if they're relocated. The battery life I'm not sure of. I'm using an app called Battery Booster v2.9 and it's improved my battery life significantly. My main gripe with the battery longevity is that I can't figure out why the screen will come on on it's own and sometimes it will go back off and sometimes it will just stay on.
After my warranty expires I'm going to see if I can find a higher output replacement battery. I did that with a Palm unit and it made a dramatic difference.
I have read of a lot of people having quality issues with the Coby's. I guess I've just been lucky on that. But for everybody there's a tablet that suits them and their needs. If the Transformer does that for you, then it's the best tablet to have. Wouldn't it stink if there were only one kind of tablet available for everybody? :)