Good portable power source?

mooney101

Mar 16, 2012
Can anyone recommend a good portable power source? Something that can be charged and then plugged into the tablet to give it some extra juice on the go :)Thank You

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
A lot of folks charge up using a car plug adaptor. Get one with a usb outlet and bring the cord that you use from the regular charger.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
I bought a Ryobi 4volt drill kit a few years ago that came with a power supply that you can adapt to most cords.I think it was at Home Depot.
I have not used it yet but it is charged and ready to go with me on a trip to California next week as we will be in the air for a few hours. I will let you know how it works.

Metroid1

Dec 20, 2011
I have a zagg sparq 2. It is supposed to give 4 full iphone charges. I don't have the specs but it is pretty good. IT has 2 usb ports 1 is optimized. And they have sales where they will also give you a pair of their smartbuds. They are nigh indestructible. They sound pretty good too.

burtcom

Feb 25, 2012
If you get a car adapter, make sure it puts out enough juice. Adapters for phones will not work. Adapters specifically for tablets (or the iPad) should.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
For car chargers I just buy the cheap dual USB ports from biglots they charge phone or tablet or both at same time without problems.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Bought the General Dollar store one, has 2 slots, half amp & 1 amp. Similar to the USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports. Really need a 2 amp output, like the charger transformer. Bought a plug on buy. com for $10. Charges must better than the low power ones. And it sits flush, can leave it in, and close the ashtray door.

dun4cheap

Mar 14, 2012
i purchased mine from frys car audio department. it has a 2amp and will step down to 1 amp when i plug 2 devices in to it.i forget the brand. it was $14

tspin818

Dec 17, 2011
I use a New Trent MP1000 external battery. It is 11000mah and has a usb port to plug into. It adds almost 6 hours of use, even using the wifi. I fly a lot of long trips and I have used my tablet for as much as 9.5 hours without plugging it in. I got it from Amazon for $80.00.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Just got back from TrueValue Hdwe. They have a car power inverter for $10+ net. $20 less a $10 rebate. 2 USB charging ports, but only 500mA, not enough for the 2.0Amp we need. It also has 2 120v AC receptacles, perfect for the transformer! This thing will charge almost everything; phones, mp3's, tabs, etc, and sits in any cup holder. A little bit larger than a soda can. We can't sell things here, but we can share our findings. I still use the flush mount 2A Car Adaptor reviewed earlier.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet