good wifi connect- google browser will not open

Aroseis

Nov 23, 2012
I have successfully connected my new Zepad 180 to WiFi but the google browser refuses to open/search. States: "web page not available". Whay do I need to do (and PLEASE understand that I am NOT a computer genius so use normal language) :) Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If my Google browser you mean the blue globe then the problem my be that you are connected to the router but that doesn't mean you are connected to the Internet. Try restarting your router, then fond the connection under settings - WiFi and tap it. Tell it to forget and then connect again.

Aroseis

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks- tried this and did not help. I am actually picking up a local Linskys with a good signal that I have used with my laptop for months now. It still works with the lap top but this tablet REFUSES to give me the Google browser and it id the only browser available. I do not know how to download any other that may work? I have a Zepad 180 2.2 that an elderly friend was using that has been used very very little.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks- tried this and did not help. I am actually picking up a local Linskys with a good signal that I have used with my laptop for months now. It still works with the lap top but this tablet REFUSES to give me the Google browser and it id the only browser available. I do not know how to download any other that may work? I have a Zepad 180 2.2 that an elderly friend was using that has been used very very little.

You should find a public hotspot to see if it works. If it works somewhere else the problem is the router. If it doesn't work somewhere else then there may be a problem with the tablet.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Same fix should work on the ZT-180v2 tablets....
Edit the /system/etc/hosts file and delete all the lines but the first one.... Clear the cache and data (via Settings) of any apps that were giving you the same problem/error, and then reboot the tablet... It may take some time, and a few reboots, but google stuff should start to work again....