Google 7 or samsung galaxy 7.7 ?

sproson

Nov 18, 2012
hi thinking of getting one of the above which is the best the only problem with google is no rear camera or could you seggest another 7" tablet ?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This same question has been asked several times recently. Try a search for more details. The consensus seems to be go with the Nexus 7 based on bang for the buck unless you need the features it doesn't have (rear facing camera or sd card for example).

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Here is a video review comparing the two:

There are two other 7" Samsung tablets (7.0) a d I have heard rumors that Samsung is going to be releasing a 7" Note series tablet. I might wait to see if there is any truth to this rumor, but most of Sammy's 7" tablets are over 6 months old, so they should be dropping a new one any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
I owned Tab 7.7, imo:

Pros
- It's super slim
- Great battery life
- Latest firmware DXLP8 solved ICS Wifi bugs.
- No worry of storage as It have external sdcard support.

Cons
- No update to JB Android v4.1.+
- Not much development (If you flasholic)

Check out the price and compare which is cheaper, and as above members said about other Samsung model.

Bottom line, I still love my Tab 7.7 :)

sproson

Nov 18, 2012
thanks for the info i think ill look at the samsung just because of the rear cam the best price i can find is from laptop direct [h=1]Samsung Galaxy 7.7 32GB Android 3.2 Wi-Fi Tablet in Black - GT-P6810[/h]
at £249.00 inc vat is this site safe as it seems a little low ?

sproson

Nov 18, 2012
sorry can you buy a app for the google 7 that when you turn the tablet around the pic turns too ive just noticed the pic stays

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Not sure about the price. Why not buy Tab7.7 P6800 with 3G capable?

Pic stay?
Google 7 meant for portrait mode only.
Unless you hack/mod to work in landscape

Edit: Take a look here for rotation on Nexus/ Google 7

Android 4.1.2 goes live, gives Nexus 7 owners landscape home screen: > HERE <

Ultimate Rotation Control

Last edited by a moderator:

sproson

Nov 18, 2012
why has the Tab7.7 P6800 got better spec than the p6810 and its cheeper but the 6800 is older ?