Google Accounts and Updating Apps in the Market

Splinky19

Feb 19, 2012
Hi,

This is my first post, and it will be a long one. I'm fairly certain this issue hasn't already been addressed, as it seems pretty specific.

The problem is with my Google account syncing to my tablet. A long time ago, I made a Google account through Youtube, with no Gmail address - I used my Hotmail address at the time. When I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for Christmas this year, I started it up and it prompted me to make a Google account. Not understanding that Google account and Youtube were the same thing, I made another account, with a Gmail address.

I realized eventually (1 month later) that, now, to check my Gmail, I had to log out of my old Google account (which I used for Youtube) and log into my new one. Essentially, I had two Google accounts. To consolidate this, I added a Gmail address to my first Google account, deleted the new Goggle account from my tablet, and synced up my old Google account with the new Gmail address to my tablet.

My problem is this: since I deleted my new Google account from my tablet sync, when I go into the Android Marketplace and look under "My Apps", the Market doesn't register that I have any of my apps installed or downloaded anymore. I can't update any of them, because apparently I don't have them installed. All of them still work fine, I just can't update them.

To try and fix the problem, I re-added and synced my new Google account back up to my tablet, but it appears to have deleted the old information.

How do I fix this? How do I make my tablet realize that I have all of these applications installed so I can update them?

I realize this is a complicated problem, and I can post it somewhere else if this is the wrong place.

Thanks for any help,

Carly

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
just uninstalling the apps does not delete all of the details in your device. Go to Settings->apps and from there you should see that you can Clear Data and Clear Cache and then uninstall your apps. Try doing this first. It should remove all of the previously associated information.