Google Acquires QuickOffice

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
quickoffice-acquired-by-google.png

Here's a story from yesterday that we didn't quite get to. It has the potential to be pretty important, at least in a big picture, future of Google way, so we wanted to share it. Google has acquired the company QuickOffice. This could point to a more thorough and complete Google ecosystem. By purchasing QuickOffice and integrating it into their products, like Chrome, Chromebooks, Android and more, Google has the opportunity to round out their entire portfolio with an increased focus on productivity. Here are the two press releases from each company:

Google's Press Release from GoogleBlog:

Google + Quickoffice = get more done anytime, anywhere

June 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
We're happy to announce that we have acquired Quickoffice, a leader in office productivity solutions.

Today, consumers, businesses and schools use Google Apps to get stuff done from anywhere, with anyone and on any device. Quickoffice has an established track record of enabling seamless interoperability with popular file formats, and we'll be working on bringing their powerful technology to our Apps product suite.

Quickoffice has a strong base of users, and we look forward to supporting them while we work on an even more seamless, intuitive and integrated experience.

We're excited to welcome the Quickoffice team and their users to Google.

Posted by Alan Warren, Engineering Director, Google

QuickOffice Press Release from the QuickOffice Blog:

When we embarked on our mission to become the world leader in office productivity, we knew we were taking on a huge challenge. We worked very hard to build Quickoffice as a user friendly, seamless and yet powerful way to view, edit, sync and share documents anywhere, anytime. It’s been a very humbling experience to see this vision embraced by our users.

Now, we are ushering in a new chapter with Google. By combining the magic of Google’s intuitive solutions with Quickoffice’s powerful products, our shared vision for anytime, anywhere productivity can only grow.

The journey has been nothing short of incredible. Our vision has only become bigger, and our commitment stronger. We wish to sincerely thank our users and supporters over the years; you have our eternal gratitude and we invite you all to join us in embracing this next chapter.

Warm regards,

Alan Masarek
Co-founder and CEO

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This is very cool, I just made the move from OfficeSuite Pro to QuickOffice, mainly for the spell check. Google moves quickly so I am excited to see this app become even more useful soon.

srvctec

May 26, 2012
Really good to hear this. I've used QuickOffice Pro on my phone for a year now and the latest update made it much better in the spreadsheet area.