Google Android 2.3 Tablet PC,8 Inch

konachris

Jul 4, 2011
I have just purchased an 8" Android 2.3 tablet. When I click the Browser icon I receive this message "The application Browser (process.com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Is this machine defective or not? I can search on Google, download Apps from the Marketplace etc so the rest seems to be fine. I just don't know what, if anything, the Android Browser does.

Will appreciate any input from you!

Mario1DaBoss

Jul 3, 2011
The android browser is the built in internet browser (kinda like IE, FF, Chrome, but for your tablet), I believe.
You can use a different one, if this one doesn't work.
I personally recommend Skyfire.
Greetings,
Mario

konachris

Jul 4, 2011
I can enter an address in Google and it works just like a web browser. My only concern is that the Browser button on this machine generates this message. If I access the internet via Google then click the Browser button later it will return me to the last page accessed via Google. The machine seems to be functioning fine except for this message. Just wanted to know if this is normal or not. Why is the button there if not to access the internet?

Mario1DaBoss

Jul 3, 2011
It isn't normal, but its understandable for a chinese tablet to come with a minor problem.
Mine for instance doesn't have a functioning volume down button, the volume up one works fine tho.
I suggest installing another browser like Skyfire, it will resolve the problem, since you won't need to use the default "Browser" app anymore and you will be able to uninstall it.