Google android market woes

damianinpa

Jun 29, 2011
All,
I have the 10 inch Sylvania tablet. I followed the posting on how to root and get the google android market. It worked..partially. The market is not showing any paid apps, only free apps. And, not all apps are appearing when searching. For example, I searched Xscope and see 7 listings. My Droid2 phone shows 21 when I search that. Something is wrong. Can anyone help with this?
Also, will the latest adobe flash 10.3 work on this tablet or any flash for that matter? If not, will Honeycomb work?
Thanks,
Damian

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
At this point we have only been able to get the Market to show free apps and if you use the same gmail account as your cell phone it will show any paid apps you purchased on your phone. No fix has been found to show all the paid apps.

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
It also won't show any protected free apps (facebook, dolphin browser that I've found so far) or incompatible apps (adobe flash). Its the joys of having an unoffical tablet. You can often find the .APK files for the protected free apps and install them that way (I've done this for dolphin browser). I not sure the paid apps will ever appear without some serious hacking...

Jun 29, 2011
Last night while searching the market I had a ton of free apps show up as available that wouldn't work. Handcent, Go Launcher, etc wouldn't allow me to install them , said unavailable when I tapped download. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1.
They weren't showing up as available the day before yesterday.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
This "Hack" may be worth checking out per Jiggity Janx at xda-developers. There are positive results from other devices including a 10" infoTMIC powered tablets.

xda-developers - Smith - [Hack] Unlblocking Market Apps (Market 2.3.6)

"Posted by Smith on xda-developers "
The following hack DOES NOT unlock paid apps.
The following instructions are for phones which apps don't show up in the market due to.

1) No flash or auto-focus on camera
2) Apps are protected and do not show up on unrecognized phones
3) Screen size is too small (mostly for QVGA users)

(If your missing apps due to country restrictions use market enabler)

Thanks go to Atl4ntis for the patched Vending.apk

Last edited: