Google Maps

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Hey there is a new version out - 5.3.0

Guess what - it still crashes on the S7 in satellite mode.

Darn!

Pete, on the move...

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Bummer, noticed that with the last update also. I'm staying out of satellite view till it gets resolved.

Sent from my Ideos S7

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I noticed this and posted in our "bloatware" thread.

Maps was listed as bloatware that could be removed and installed from the Market, however only the original Maps that shipped with the tablet has worked for me. If you still have the orig and were satisfied with it, give that a shot.

Last edited:

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
The version before 5.21 was ok but unfortunately you cannot roll back to prevent version , you have to go back to scratch

Pete, on the move...

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i uninstalled the original google maps, and use "brut" mod version because i love the save/read maps from sd card.

if you want to use older version, you can download from here, there are complete list of google maps.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I just got a Google Maps update to 5.3.0 gmm-android-huawei, and it seems to be working OK on the S7 again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It crashes once you switch to satellite mode. It is triggered by a particular condition.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Mine didn't used to actually crash, but operating the zoom controls in satellite mode was super slow (like 15 seconds to react). Now satellite mode is working fine., but obviously not for everyone. I tried some combinations to see if I could figure out what is making it crash for some.