Google Market for 2.2?

fireraider

Jun 10, 2011
I see the long thread for adding Google Market to 2.02. Is loading the Gapps.apk in 2.2 a sure fire way of causing myself grief with this tablet?

Edit: nevermind, i see there is another thread for it. I am having a hard time with this forum having everything all in the same area.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I see the long thread for adding Google Market to 2.02. Is loading the Gapps.apk in 2.2 a sure fire way of causing myself grief with this tablet?

Edit: nevermind, i see there is another thread for it. I am having a hard time with this forum having everything all in the same area.

Yes, this site/forum is a little different than others as there is a dedicated forum for "Other Minor Android Tablet Brands" like the Sylvania thus allowing information specific to these tablets to exist in one place. While sometimes it may seem that the information doesn't exist this is a good starting point http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html and then using the Search function will often produce a few results that will lead to an answer.

The http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-market-2-2-sylvania-disco-work-progress.html thread hasn't been made a Sticky as it is a "Work In Progress" meaning while it's possible to get the Google Experience applications to install it's not without some effort and compromise.

This forum really tries to figure out a clear way to accomplish the task so that most users can attempt the changes without the need for a lot of computer experience or technical jargon. While some technical speak is needed since this is to a degree a piece of technology and often a computer is needed but for the most part the goal is to keep it simple. Not often succeeded but always kept in mind and if ever in doubt post a question. Always willing to address suggestions/corrections/concerns. It's users assisting other users of "Other Minor Android Tablet Brands".

Last edited:

fireraider

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is some good information on here, just takes a little more looking.

For anyone else that is attempting to get the Google Market installed, the other thread has a good walk through. I was a little leary with the "work in progress" title but as long as you dont need to purchase apps its super simple to get running. There are other places to purchase most popular apps, and the Google Market has lots of good free ones. IHMO