Google Market w/out rooting...

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
Can I only add the Google Market to my 7015 w/out having to do the complete root/clock procedure. If I was the only one using the tablet it wouldn't be an issue, but I can see my wife F'ing something up right away... Damn u t-Rex arms! ;)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Probably not. The market and gapp framework/apps have to be installed as system apps AFAIK, which requires root access.

(for your amusement: swype typed "riot abscess" instead of "root access")

HWJ

Dec 30, 2010
If the Google Market place files were in a format like "apk" then likely. All you would need is an apps manager which could be downloaded from AppLib. But unfortunately its a zip file containing folders. Rooting is the only way at the moment.

(I know, I don't really like the idea either...)

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
I don't see why you could use z4root to root the tablet, install clockwork recovery (which is a good idea, as you can back the tablet up) install the google experience and then use z4root to "unroot" it.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Why is everyone so afraid of root access? It's nothing more than administrative rights on YOUR device..

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I'm not afraid of it.
I'm just not comfortable with having other people playing with the device, if they have an easier way to mess it up...

mellytime

Dec 16, 2010
I've read this twice and I still DONT GET IT!!! No Offense but you should just read up on Android 2.1 and go from there. Rooting has nothing to do with someone playing around with YOUR equipment remember that when YOU root your device Phone or Tablet it's NOT other people playing around with it - - IT IS YOU!!! So for you the question seems like it's again the old To Root or Not To Root question.....