Google Music Live - by invite only - get yours today

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Got my update last night, uploaded music from my main computer.
Even before it was finished uploading, my Acer found all the music, and would stream or download songs.

The nexus one wouldn't find the music at all, till I killed the Music app and restarted it.
Then it found all the music as well.

I set my Amazon music to download into my Google Music Music directory, and as a result it goes directly to the google cloud and shows up everywhere.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I got my invite yesterday. It found all of my songs but I will be uploading for a long time. I trimmed my collection down to just over 19,000 songs but the ones that have uploaded so far work great on my A500. On my Evo it I had to reboot to get it to work. The experience is much better in Honeycomb than on Froyo.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Sweet got mine working still uploading. I thought amazon cloud was good. This sucker has real album artwork. I like it.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yes, and if you have any that are missing artwork about two minutes of Googleing images will find it and you can Upload that image to make the collection complete. You can also weed out duplication and podcasts or other stuff you happened to have in your collection.

I had some Amazon music that had been purchased before their cloud started that I had to drag from my phone back to my upload directory. I also pointed my Amazon downloader to my upload directory.

I will gladly pay Google for this service when this goes out of beta if necessary.

The thing is, they can digitally compare songs across thousands of people's collections and de-duplicate the actual storage of the songs. There is no reason they would have to keep two million copies of any given song. So this gets really cheap to maintain the larger it gets.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I don't have the music manager on my tablet yet but it set up on my computer with ease. I'm really impressed with what I see so far. I would pay for this too. I don't need both this and Amazon, though (but I have a 20Gb account with Amazon so I'm not giving it up, either...)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Love it on my tablet

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum