Google Nexus & ?

ttomm46

Feb 4, 2013
Was thinking of getting one mostly for games..I've read some customer reviews that the build quality is iffy with loose screens and bezels...Ether that or iopod touch again..I'd like to hear from Nexus 7 owners..thanks
Tom:eek:

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Ttomm46. I've owned my Nexus 7 for 6 months now and apart from a couple of bad apps the tablet is performing admirably. Of course there's the occasional dud device but you'll find that with every product. If you do decide to go with an android device you should thoroughly research what device you're looking for and ask for opinions which you're clearly doing. Good luck!

ttomm46

Feb 4, 2013
Hi Ttomm46. I've owned my Nexus 7 for 6 months now and apart from a couple of bad apps the tablet is performing admirably. Of course there's the occasional dud device but you'll find that with every product. If you do decide to go with an android device you should thoroughly research what device you're looking for and ask for opinions which you're clearly doing. Good luck!
The nexus sounds good to me!!!!..I've been torn between that and ipod touch!!..confused

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I've had the iPod touch and the iPad. Got rid of both of them. The Nexus 7 runs circles around iCrap devices. I got my Nexus 7 when it was first introduced and the fit and finish is perfect.

ttomm46

Feb 4, 2013
I've had the iPod touch and the iPad. Got rid of both of them. The Nexus 7 runs circles around iCrap devices. I got my Nexus 7 when it was first introduced and the fit and finish is perfect.
Might have screred up a little..just bought mine yesterday and staples talked me in to 50 bucks for insurance against dropage and.sigh.:(

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Might have screred up a little..just bought mine yesterday and staples talked me in to 50 bucks for insurance against dropage and.sigh.:(

Unless you are just prone to dropping your tablet and don't mind spending the $50 then I would go back and request a refund on the insurance. The Nexus 7 is a very tough device and holds up very well. Even with the insurance there is still a deductible. So is it really worth it? They all have several days of no-questions-asked return on those insurance policies.

Oct 10, 2011
The insurance policies are pushed because they are big money makers for the stores. Very few of the customers that buy them ever have to use them - at least on the mainstream big-name tablets. The insurance isn't offered on the eBay purchased no-name Chinese tablets since they are expected to fail after a few months.