Google Play and applications "incompatible" with Pandigital Supernova

HerronScott

May 27, 2012
All,

Does anyone know why some applications show up as "incompatible" with a Pandigital Supernova on Google Play but they work fine when manually loaded (Netflix and Facebook for example) or installed from Amazon's Appstore (Netflix and Fruit Ninja).

If it was due to the Supernova not coming with Google Market/Play initially I would think that there wouldn't be any applications available however I've got 13 apps that have installed correctly from Google Play.

Scott

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Scott,

That seems to be an issue with many tablets that for some reason some apps just appear that way. But there is also an issue with some of the apps not being allowed for some countries. Google Music is a good example as it isn't available (the WEB version) outside of the US. Also I might point out that there is a Pandigital specific forum here as well Pantech Tablets

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum Scott!

Some apps have not been fully tested on some devices so they may not be listed as compatible. Sideloading may work for some, but not for others.

HerronScott

May 27, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I have seen there is a Pandigital Novel forum here (not Pantech which is a different manufacturer) but there is little activity and no specific SuperNova forum.

I wonder if one issue is the fact that it seems to report its model as a PD_Novel which was more limited in specs than the SuperNova.

Scott

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I have seen there is a Pandigital Novel forum here (not Pantech which is a different manufacturer) but there is little activity and no specific SuperNova forum.

I wonder if one issue is the fact that it seems to report its model as a PD_Novel which was more limited in specs than the SuperNova.

Scott

I think you found the reason why it won't work but there must also be a reason your tablet is being seen incorrectly. Maybe you should poke Pandigital