Google Play Music vs 3rd Party Media Player

wagnizzle

Nov 13, 2012
I have uploaded my music library to google play(took 3days!!) and now i am trying to edit the library, mostly to fix albums that are split for no reason. I downloaded "mp3dit" and installed the app on the tablet. Then I downloaded all the albums that were split onto my tablet so that i could use the app to edit them. But after i sat for hours downloading the albums, I cant find the music files to edit them. I have searched around and tried to find an answer. I looked in the "com.google.......music/cache" folder and it is empty. I can remove the external sd and play the music, so the files are there, somewhere.

So, my questions to the forum are:

1) I could use the "mp3dit" app if i could find the folder with the music files that were downloaded from GoogPlayCloud.
Where are the music files stored when i choose and download music onto my tablet?

2) I would like to keep using googplaymusic, if i can help it. Is there an app that will make editing my library on the GoogPlayCloud easy to do?
If so, what is it called and how easy is it to use?

3) Is there a easy way of editing my Google Play Music Library using a pc?

4) If there is no good answer to my previous questions, is there any other music app that works with the pc and cloud, the way google play does?

I was a little shocked that google's music app doesnt have a built in edit feature. This seems silly, when i am connected to the wifi and have access to my entire music library i should be able to edit it with my tablet as well as my pc.

One last thing, Is there a way to make the Google Play Music app save to the external sd?

Thank you for your responces.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
1) I could use the "mp3dit" app if i could find the folder with the music files that were downloaded from GoogPlayCloud.
Where are the music files stored when i choose and download music onto my tablet?

Yes, I will have to look where it stores the music but you can copy it and edit it if you like. Keep in mind, this will create a duplicate in your library.

2) I would like to keep using googplaymusic, if i can help it. Is there an app that will make editing my library on the GoogPlayCloud easy to do?
If so, what is it called and how easy is it to use?

I just use a web browser on my tablet and edit it like I would on a PC.

3) Is there a easy way of editing my Google Play Music Library using a pc?

Go to music.google.com. Find the song you want to edit, or album. Next to the title text, in the lower right hand corner is a triangle. Click this and choose to edit it.

4) If there is no good answer to my previous questions, is there any other music app that works with the pc and cloud, the way google play does?

I think Google Music is the best way to go. Heck, I use the app gMusic to get my Google Music on my iP*one