Google Play Not Listing ALOT of Apps

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I am happily sporting an 8042 running the custom rom. The one and only issue I have come across is that there are alot of apps missing from the market Im assuming that Play is seeing what device I have and blocking apps that work fine. Facebookand angry birds are examples. Any ideas?

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
I understand that device spoofing generally involves editing the build.prop file, not for the faint of heart...

Sent from my Coby 9742

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I think that may be the only solution. I have tried several moded play files but no dice. tried spoofer app no dice. Arg.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I will post how to once I get the tablet, editing build.prop is part of it. Don't worry about it though I will upload one that is modified all you would do is rename your build.prop to build.prop.bak and use the build.prop I upload, there are more changes then just build.prop though.
Right now I don't have tablet its on it's way when I get it I will post what to do.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Thank you! I'll keep trying to see if I can get it until then. I read your post on the 9742's volume button. Hopefuly the 8042 will seem better to you. I openly admit I am in love with mine. I'll keep my eyes out and many thanks again.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If it's like the 7042, then I am sure I will like it. The 9742 would be to big for me, 8 inch is as big as I want t. I paid $129 Plus shipping for the 8042, hopefully it'like 7042, just larger screen.

jimini

May 30, 2012
t
I will post how to once I get the tablet, editing build.prop is part of it. Don't worry about it though I will upload one that is modified all you would do is rename your build.prop to build.prop.bak and use the build.prop I upload, there are more changes then just build.prop though.
Right now I don't have tablet its on it's way when I get it I will post what to do.

You appear to be very knowledgable ,I am a complete tablet greenhorn.
I went and updated my novo paladin 7 tablet without backing up my apps.
Can you steer me to any tablets for dummies info?
I downloaded some apk files to my sd card, can I install them from there, and how?
Thanks, I'm an 81 yo tablet newbie as you can likely tell.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
To install from sdcard you need a file manager, if you don't have one you can get one from play store I use es file manager. Open file manager navigate to .apk then click it you will be asked if you want to install, click install apk will install.
As far as lost apps, sign into play store at top right press the arrow pointing down with line under it. Then next screen top left press the word all. This will show every app ever installed on any device via current logged in Google account.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
To install from sdcard you need a file manager, if you don't have one you can get one from play store I use es file manager. Open file manager navigate to .apk then click it you will be asked if you want to install, click install apk will install.
As far as lost apps, sign into play store at top right press the arrow pointing down with line under it. Then next screen top left press the word all. This will show every app ever installed on any device via current logged in Google account.

On the off chance you copy the files to the microSD instead of the internal memory (cause, you know, space) you can navigate to the microSD by tapping the 'favourite' icon on the top left and then the link '/mnt/extsd/' from there all you need to do is tap the .apk file to start the installer.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Hey there. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck spoofing google play on the 8042 yet. I have changed build.porp several times and cleared cache and also gotten myself in a bootloop a few times. I know I can sideload apps but it is driving me crazy I can not get this to work. Thanks in advance for any tips.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hey there. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck spoofing google play on the 8042 yet. I have changed build.porp several times and cleared cache and also gotten myself in a bootloop a few times. I know I can sideload apps but it is driving me crazy I can not get this to work. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sure have you tried my rom? everything should be working just fine in it.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-update-all-without-livesuite.html#post216159