Google Play on Coby Kyros 7042!

May 23, 2012
I got google play/market on my android tablet kyros 7042!!! its kinda simple but i dont have the files its only 4 files too download. ill post the links too the files later today. stay put .

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
To get a stable 7042 running play store requires more than just four files.

wirapuru

Jun 11, 2012
To get a stable 7042 running play store requires more than just four files.

I must agree.. at least from the experience I'm having with this 1042 here (which in this particular issue I suppose there's no difference at all). I tried at least 7 procedures with this one, from the naive pre-ICS Coby tablets ones (the ones with 4 files, lots of versions - I don't know if are the same jonathan above are talking about) to rooting and trying to force froyo/gingerbread/ics gapps files to install/work.

None worked. The closest I could get was to add a Google account in the system but the linking it needs to the apps (Gmail, Talk, Youtube and of course Play/Market) simply doesn't work. The apps can detect an account but it just doesn't seem to communicate with it. Usually it ends with a "Android system has stopped." or similar behaviour, not one google or 3rd party app can link to the created Google account in the system.

In my opinion someone who really knows how this works internally (like people who mess with kernels or build these custom roms) is the guy who can solve this puzzle. The 4-file solution we can find around youtube and wherenot worked perfectly in pre-ICS tablets (apparently not only Cobys) but at ICS things seem way more restrict, you can't install the ICS versions of onetimeinitializer.apk, setupwizard.apk, etc I dn't know why - and more importantly ICS seems to rely on much more procedures than simple Google Services Framework.

Maybe some kernel/custom rom guru can shed some light for us? By now I gave up, at least until there's something new or for which I can help with testing, dumping, etc.

bvn

Jun 11, 2012
I just published my "reliable and repeatable" Google Play access practice in this forum. No need for "root" nor "new firmware".

I installed Adobe Flash & NetFlix, both of which, work very well.

FYI, Coby did not pay Google for Android support - see my thread.
--- TTFN

bvn

Jun 11, 2012
I would, if I knew how. I appreciate the frustration, having a few of my own.

Maxike

Jul 14, 2012
I don't own a Coby Kyros 7042. But I have the same problem with my tablet. So i started using Blackmart alpha. It's easy, It's simple, and you can find all the apps from the google play store and everyting is free. I use it because they should put 1 on it. It's there own fault. You can find it on there facebookpage: https://www.facebook.com/BlackMart. Or download build 93 here: Download Blackmart Alpha 0.49_b93.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way. But sometimes you can install it on a kyros tablet. Go watch it on this page: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/36992-google-play-kyros-possable-well-look.html. That's all I have to say.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
It's about time the Manufacturer(s) include Google Play. End users shouldn't have to hack their devices to make it fully Google Android compatible.

blanksart

Aug 14, 2012
Hi,
Download the following app 1MobileMarket in google search. The same as googleplay. Wishing you the best.