Google Play Stopped Upon Upgrading to Android 4.0

alokatmuscat

Jun 6, 2012
On seeing an upgrade flashing, I upgraded my Sony Tablet s to Android 4 about a week ago. Since then Google Play (android Market) has stopped working. A message simple flashes " Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped working".
anyone faced similar problems??? Solutions?

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
This is what I did:

Just head over to your tablet settings, select apps and choose the google play store app. From there you`ll be able to uninstall the app. You`ll notice that the google play store will go back to the original factory version. Open the store and you`ll be prompted to upgrade. Do so and you`ll. Have your store back.

[FONT=arial, san-serif]
[/FONT]​

Zorpaco

Jun 14, 2012
Worked just like you said and then was was able to install new apps. Mahalo
This is what I did:

Just head over to your tablet settings, select apps and choose the google play store app. From there you`ll be able to uninstall the app. You`ll notice that the google play store will go back to the original factory version. Open the store and you`ll be prompted to upgrade. Do so and you`ll. Have your store back.

Kontiki

Jun 30, 2012
I am getting the 'stopped error' tried everything re-installing - clearing accounts - even reset my tablet back to the factory settings. I have an Ainol Elf 2, just got it this week & never managed to get the Google Play to fully work. I can get into the play store but when I try to install I get the error message. The message then appears everytime I open the play store, the only way I can stop the error message is to stop the app then clear the data. Then I try again but the same happens once I try to install.

I did have the same error message with the YouTube app but removing it & re-installing fixed it. Trying different versions of the Play app but it seems to then try to update & fails. Only way I have managed to get apps on my tablet is to find them elsewhere & download the APK. Is there anyway I can download the apps from the Play store without installing???

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is there anyway I can download the apps from the Play store without installing???

I frequently find an app I want on the Play Store using a browser and tell it to install then pick the device and it installs. That doesn't solve the problem but should allow you to install apps without using the Play App.

Kontiki

Jun 30, 2012
I had a try opening play in a browser, tried to do as you suggest installing an app. After telling me it's installed tried to find the app. or where it was dwnloaded to but nothing there? Also now getting message 'Unfortunately, Browser has stopped'. :mad:

Kontiki

Jun 30, 2012
I download the firmware update Aggro0626-Elf2-01B & everything is working fine now. After doing the factory reset it came back on with Google Play installed.

miss.kaydyke

Sep 11, 2012
a friend of mine, gave me his samsung galaxy s and ive put my optus sim in and everything works fine, apart from there is no google play. finally found a site on the phone to let me download but everytime i try to open it it says it has stopped working. any suggestions?

jack_griffin

Dec 15, 2012
Hi . I bought a Mediacom SmartPad 722i yesterday and today
I struggled all the afternoon to get the darn app working ,
until I found this link : Connectivity requirements to use Google Play - Google Play Help .
I would've never thought about that in my life .
I changed my router settings to open TCP and UDP 5228 ports for the device , and
now Google Play works .
Hey, it just worked for me .
Hope this helps .
Jack

I am replying to myself because I was not able to edit my post.
Just forgot to tell that I installed Google Play Store version is 3.9.17 .

Jack