Google Play Store Redesign Hints at Google Glass Support Coming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
google_play_google_glass.png

Google recently redesigned their Play Store. (Feel free to take a moment and check it out if you haven't seen it yet: Google Play Store.) Besides the new and easier to navigate aesthetics, there is apparently a new feature which suggests Google Glass may soon get support in the Play Store. Most folks who don't own a pair of Google Glass probably had no idea of this, but Google Glass owners actually have a separate sign-in service if they wanted to browse and activate new apps for their device.

Obviously this makes little sense to have the device separated from the Google ecosystem, but of course, it takes time to add these kinds of features to an already established system. Along with the site redesign is a new hint at future accessibility for Google Glass owners: their Google Glass now shows up on their list of Google enabled devices. It's not much, but it is an obvious sign that Google is working things out to make it available in the future.

Source: Google+

Last edited:

cpfan

Jul 8, 2013
I don't care about Google Glass, but there are two things that I noticed quickly that I do NOT like about the PC version of the Play store.

1) Don't see how to pick one of my three devices to see what is installed and not installed on it.

2) I guess #2 is part of #1, I don't see how to trigger app updates from my PC.

Steve