Google playstore for craig tablet help

tiffany30

Apr 21, 2013
Hi I'm new here. I have a 10 inch Craig android tablet running Kernel version. I have the slideme app already installed but I want the google playstore app. Ive spent all day downloading things that either say they cant be opened or it forces closed immediately. can someone please tell me how to get the playstore on my tablet in the simplest terms possible. Thank you so much!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi tiffany, congratulations on your new Craig 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Craig Tablets forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get the playstore working. Good luck!

mhunt13

Nov 15, 2012
Tiffany,

Check this thread -- http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/49988-cmp745e-rooting-ish.html

Seems the last post lays out the steps to root your tablet, which must be done to install Google Apps. You can find a Google apk, or maybe these root tools have an option to install Gapps (do after you root). If you can boot into recovery mode, be sure to make a backup before you start rooting.

If you can't boot into recovery, google installing CWM on Craig tablet, and you'll find help. The generic CWM works on my Craig tab.

I have the CMP741d, and was able to root and install Gapps by following instructions found on this forum. Always Google the forum, you may find help.

Good luck!