Google Posts More Details and Some Easter Eggs for Google I/O

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
google-io-landing-page.png

For any of our members who are planning to attend Google I/O in May, you may want to check out the links we have included for you today. Google has included some additional info on the event that goes into greater detail on pricing and scheduling. We will include the details in a quote below, but first Google also updated their I/O landing page with a method for accessing a series of entertaining easter eggs. To see these easter eggs you just click on the "I" and the "O" and it gives you some visual and audio feedback. After hitting certain combinations of codes, you will find cute little mini-games and other entertaining do-dads. Several codes have been found already. Here are just a few:
  • OOIOIOIO
  • OOIIIOOI
  • OIOIOOII
  • OIIIOIOI
  • OIIIIIII
  • IOOOOOOI
  • IOOIOOOO
  • IIOIOOII
Now here's that quote from the Google Developer's Blog with more I/O details. Alternatively, you can hit up the source link at the end to check out all the details directly from Google. We also gave you another link directly to the Google I/O landing page. That way you can play around with the easter eggs!

With Google I/O 2013 registration only days away, on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM PDT (GMT-7), we want to make sure you’re as prepared as possible for the process.

First, we’re pleased to share that we’ve just added a lot of information to the Google I/O 2013 site, including information on the registration process, travel planning resources, key event details, FAQs, and (new this year) child care.

Second, we’d like to share answers to some of the most commonly asked questions we’ve received in the last few days on +Google Developers. Complete FAQs are available on the Help page of the event site.

Optimizing your registration experience

We anticipate high demand once again, but there are steps you can take to be prepared for the process.

Before registration opens:
  • Make sure you have set up both a Google+ account and a Google Wallet account. If you’ve ever bought anything on Google Play, you already have Google Wallet.
  • Check your Google Wallet settings to make sure your postal address is complete and accurate, and your payment method is correct and up to date.
  • If this will be the first time you're making a large payment with Google Wallet, you may want to notify your bank or credit card company in advance that you plan to make a $900 (general ticket) or $300 (academic ticket) charge that will appear as GOOGLE*IORegistration. This will help ensure your payment is processed.
  • Be on the site before registration opens on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) so you can sign in to your Google+ account.
Once registration opens on March 13, 2013 at 7:00 AM PDT (GMT-7):
  • When you’re placed on the waiting page, don’t refresh your browser or your ticket search will restart.
  • Please don’t open multiple tabs or use multiple browsers. Each time you open a new connection, your ticket search will restart.
Details for academic attendees

To qualify as an academic attendee (and receive the $300 ticket price) you need to be an active full-time student, professor, faculty or staff at a high school or higher education institution. The academic rate is also available to anyone who graduated in 2013 prior to the event.

To verify that you are qualified to receive the special rate, we will require a current school ID, transcripts, credentials, or other forms of documentation when you check in at the conference. A couple of other important things to note:
  • Once purchased, general admission tickets can't be converted to academic tickets, and vice versa.
  • If you buy an academic ticket and can't provide academic documentation when you arrive at Google I/O, you won't be admitted or offered a refund, nor will you be able to convert your ticket to general admission.
Information on participating from afar

You can be part of Google I/O from wherever you are. You can watch live streams of the keynotes and many other sessions on Google Developers Live. Even better, be part of Google I/O by attending an I/O Extended event in your area. More details on these programs will be available soon. If you can't watch live, you can see YouTube recordings of all sessions on Google Developers Live after the conference.

We greatly appreciate your interest in coming to Google I/O, and we hope to see you there. Good luck!

Source: Google I/O Developer's Blog & Google I/O Landing Page