Google Releases 'Getting Started' Video for Google Glass

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011

The more I see Google Glass, the more viable an idea it seems to become. At first, the concept seemed intriguing, but impractical and not altogether useful. Then it evolved into something that could have some potentially useful applications, but may be more of a gimmick. Now, after the last few demos and after seeing this newest "Getting Started" video, I am fully in the camp of, this could be something very cool and potentially game-changing.

The video very clearly shows some of the ways in which you can interact with the device. If they can pull off the Augmented Reality real world information gathering HUD (Heads Up Display), then they will nail it's "killer app" functionality and it could be the hot new device of next year. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If people were falling into fountains while texting this should be even more interesting. ;)

rbryanp

Apr 13, 2013
If people were falling into fountains while texting this should be even more interesting. ;)

LOL! Indeed. :eek: I work in an area that has a lot of dog-friendly accommodations. It amazes me how many people are walking their dogs with their eyes glued to their smart phone. I wonder how many didn't see the pile their dog left and SPLOOCH!...into the pile. LOL!