Google Teases Android 5.0 in New Screenshots

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Jun 12, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

This screenshot from a Google Tweet teases Android 5.0. I'll give you a few moments to look over the pic for you to figure out how this differentiates from current Android and how we know this is a tease for the next big version of Android. Go ahead... take a few minutes to ponder the larger version of the pic in the thread below.

All done? Did you guess it? While there is not a single feature or graphic that is obviously different than Android 4.4.3, there is one almost too obvious clue which gives it away. The time shows 5:00PM. In the past there have been a multitude of occasions in which Google teased a glance at the next version of Android, and without fail, each time they did, the time matched the version of Android they were teasing.

When the Nexus 4 was introduced it displayed “4:20″ as the time, and came with Android 4.2. The OG Nexus 7 displayed “4:10″ in the clock and came with Android 4.1. And, the Galaxy Nexus indicated “4:00″ which reflected Android 4.0, etc. This time, it was an innocuous WorldCup Tweet teasing the new version of Android on a Nexus 5.

Of course, this could all be a coincidence. If you believe that, I have some beach-front property in New Mexico to sell you. Alternatively, this could be Google simply trolling us with a bit of fun...

What do you think?

Source: Twitter - @Google

2. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Here's the larger version of that pic:

[​IMG]

3. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus 7 tablet
    Ugly UI. It's discouraging to contemplate a future with THAT as the user interface you see every day.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...