Google Voice Search not working

jjsaustin

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I just rooted my gtab and running the Harmony ROMs. Very Nice, Thanks Fuganator!

On the home screen I have a Google search widget with the microphone button. When I press it says the Voice Search stopped unexpectedly (process com.google.android.voicesearch).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hi,

I just rooted my gtab and running the Harmony ROMs. Very Nice, Thanks Fuganator!

On the home screen I have a Google search widget with the microphone button. When I press it says the Voice Search stopped unexpectedly (process com.google.android.voicesearch).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

I actually don't think it works with G-Harmony v1.2. I used to get the same errors. But it does work with G-Harmony-Gingerbread 2.3.3.

jjsaustin

Mar 27, 2011
I actually don't think it works with G-Harmony v1.2. I used to get the same errors. But it does work with G-Harmony-Gingerbread 2.3.3.

Thanks for the information. Is that version stable? I was just using the Harmony v1.2 per your recommendation.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I'm about to try out the updated version right now. Will let you know if you follow the sticky thread.

Have you tried the Vegan 5.1 rom? I haven't installed any rom yet because its too hard to make a decision and I have been a huge serial flasher on my OG Droid...would like to avoid that with this tab. Any recommendation you would have in regards to a good clean fully functional rom would be greatly appreciated. Google voice is a must for me.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Have you tried the Vegan 5.1 rom? I haven't installed any rom yet because its too hard to make a decision and I have been a huge serial flasher on my OG Droid...would like to avoid that with this tab. Any recommendation you would have in regards to a good clean fully functional rom would be greatly appreciated. Google voice is a must for me.

I have tried every ROM in the ROM thread. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet/10202-list-roms-viewsonic-g-tablet.html

My favorite is now G-Harmony-Gingerbread v2.1. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ony-gingerbread-2-3-3-honeycomb-elements.html
I'm actually not 100% sure if Google Voice works at all... it does not FC in Harmony-Gingerbread but idk if it works.

Do you mean Google Voice? Or Google Voice Search?

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
@ fuganater - yes I did mean google voice search. I just find it easier to type a paragraph with Google voice search. I'll start with gharmony....thanks.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
coughlazycough :D

Let me know if it works for you. If not I'll do some real digging tonight.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
@ Fuganater - I should have gone with your recommendation with the ROM but I decided to go with Vegan. It just looks like my OG Droid blown up...at least Google Voice Search works on it. I'll probably be flashing GHarmony tomorrow:)

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you install the correct GAPPS?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the reply pbrauer. Well I did the standard "Noobs start here" path to GHarmony 1.2 (Though it says v 1 in control panel)
Everything else works fine. The Android Market from Amazon is the bomb, and my Angry Birds life support system is otherwise pretty kick ass. I verified that the microphone was working by installing Talking Tom while drinking heavily last night...I verified the heck out of that microphone, makine the cat spew obcenities for hours. (I drink a lot but it isn't a problem.)

So when you say the correct GAPPS what exactly are we talking? Do I need to do more than is in the initial rooting thread?

Amdusias440

Mar 29, 2011
Fixed it by searching "Voice Search" in the app market and updating to version 211.0.

Works like a champ now. :)