Google Wallet and rooting the Nexus 7

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I hear that I need to delete the Google Wallet setup on my Nexus 7 (setup needed to claim my $25 Google Play Store credit) before rooting it, or there will be problems with (Store?) security related stuff after rooting it.
Anyone care to confirm, from experience?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I didn't want to take the chance of messing up persisted security credentials, so I reset my Google Wallet before:
A. unlocking the bootloader,
B. flashing a new bootloader,
C. flashing ClockworkMod recovery, and
D. rooting it.
Now my Nexus 7 is just the way I want it :)

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Hmm.. my other Google account slipped through the cracks... e-mail I received:
Hello (name),

We attempted to reset the Google Wallet app on your device Nexus 7, but the device is not currently connected to a network. We have deactivated any linked credit or debit cards in your Wallet app so they cannot be used to make payments.

Call customer service to deactivate your Google Prepaid Card or Citi® MasterCard®

Your cards are still active on the device, and could be charged if your Wallet PIN is compromised.

1. If you have a Google Prepaid Card, deactivate your Google Prepaid Card by calling Money Network 24/7 at ...

2. If you have a Citi® MasterCard®, deactivate your Citi® MasterCard® by calling Citi® 24/7 at ...

If you have any other questions about Google Wallet, visit our Help Center or call us at ... We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely, The Google Wallet Team