Got CWM but no root

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Well I kind of messed up. When I began, I accidentally did not dump my stock recovery, but I added the CWM recovery. Made a system backup. Tried to download the su bin files from threads, I've tried installing it labeled as update.zip and just the file itself from within recovery, but every time it aborts. When I I look at the file in file explorer it says its bad. Did not dumping my stock recovery mess me up? Can I still get root? If so, how? I already downloaded superuser from the market, but it can't update the su binary. When I tried to open busybox, it tells me it can't find the su binary, so I know I need it, just can get it installed. Any help would be most appreciated.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Well I kind of messed up. When I began, I accidentally did not dump my stock recovery, but I added the CWM recovery. Made a system backup. Tried to download the su bin files from threads, I've tried installing it labeled as update.zip and just the file itself from within recovery, but every time it aborts. When I I look at the file in file explorer it says its bad. Did not dumping my stock recovery mess me up? Can I still get root? If so, how? I already downloaded superuser from the market, but it can't update the su binary. When I tried to open busybox, it tells me it can't find the su binary, so I know I need it, just can get it installed. Any help would be most appreciated.

Get the superuser zip for gingerman and install from zip within cwm you dont need to rename update.zip or any of that stuff

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
To you have a link to the file you referred to:superuser zip for gingerman?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Thanks man that did the trick! I have root!
Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum
Edit: SOLVED!

Last edited: