Got it yesterday but getting getting a galaxy tomorrow

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I like this tablet but someone is selling me a galaxy tomorrow. I am getting it for $350 brand new and no contract. Cant pass it up.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
well I took my S7 back today, and while I was at BB they had the verizon galaxy for 400$ no contract month to month. I was planning on buying a Tmobile galaxy tomorrow for $350 off of someone on craigslist, so instead I just bought this one. The guy said technically we are supposed to activate it but if you say you are going home to activate it then we can't stop you. he gave me a code to get past the activation part. this tablet is sick! sorry guys! I'm outta here and onto the samsung forums of this site :)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
well I took my S7 back today, and while I was at BB they had the verizon galaxy for 400$ no contract month to month. I was planning on buying a Tmobile galaxy tomorrow for $350 off of someone on craigslist, so instead I just bought this one. The guy said technically we are supposed to activate it but if you say you are going home to activate it then we can't stop you. he gave me a code to get past the activation part. this tablet is sick! sorry guys! I'm outta here and onto the samsung forums of this site :)

Hope its +$150 sick.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
It's well worth the upgrade. The device is amazing! Best of all the apps work and the battery life is far superior. Not dogging the S7 but the Galaxy is IMO a better device.

double

Dec 24, 2010

that's great that bb let you take it home without activating. I'll have to try that. One thing though, the t-mobile tab is the only one that's been hacked to use as a phone and + it uses sim cards which i prefer. I had a verizon tab and returned it. When i was checking the forums at xda i was envious of the t-mobile tab because it can make/recieve calls and has more roms. well you have 2 weeks to return if unsatisfied.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
It's well worth the upgrade. The device is amazing! Best of all the apps work and the battery life is far superior. Not dogging the S7 but the Galaxy is IMO a better device.

pikapp -

Seriously, the Galaxy tab's $399 no contract price point does spark interest. But I really want to know what makes it superior to the S7. afaik "all the apps work" on the S7 too - can you be more specific? I get the battery life issue - but is that worth a hundred more bucks (I already can use a $20 external battery pack to extend the S7's life when away from a power outlet). Galaxy has multitouch and 2.2, which are great (have them on my phone). Like the Huawei form factor, how does it compare to the Galaxy? Ports (would like USB host and HDMI on the Huawei - waiting forever for someone to release an S7 compatible dock). I know you are now going to frequent the Galaxy forum but can you give us a little more detail on your assessment on how the Galaxy hits a home run vs. the S7 and makes the cost premium worth it. Thanks.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Processor, graphics, capacitive screen

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Graphics, screen is way better-color more vibrant, touch, multitouch, cameras are better quality, feel of the device(personal perf) app support, accessory support. This is based on my opinion.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
that's great that bb let you take it home without activating. I'll have to try that. One thing though, the t-mobile tab is the only one that's been hacked to use as a phone and + it uses sim cards which i prefer. I had a verizon tab and returned it. When i was checking the forums at xda i was envious of the t-mobile tab because it can make/recieve calls and has more roms. well you have 2 weeks to return if unsatisfied.

I believe you can now hack the at&t version. I saw this on a another site.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Graphics, screen is way better-color more vibrant, touch, multitouch, cameras are better quality, feel of the device(personal perf) app support, accessory support. This is based on my opinion.

I'm with you on everything but the "app support" comment. Can you elaborate? Galaxy has front & rear facing cams?

Thx

Sent from my Ideos S7

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I'm with you on everything but the "app support" comment. Can you elaborate? Galaxy has front & rear facing cams?

Thx

Sent from my Ideos S7

What I meant by that was because it is 2.2 there are more apps that support it. For instance video conferencing apps like tango, work flawlessly. Whereas the S7 is still waiting on 2.2 and dont have all the app options. I liked the S7 but now after owning this, it is a night and day difference.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Is it true that Verizon has crippled the BT functionality on the Galaxy - for instance, you can't use BT peripherals like keyboards (my understanding is that Sprint, AT&T, etc. didn't mess with this)?

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Is it true that Verizon has crippled the BT functionality on the Galaxy - for instance, you can't use BT peripherals like keyboards (my understanding is that Sprint, AT&T, etc. didn't mess with this)?

That is typical of verizon, but I dont know honestly. I dont own a BT keyboard. If you are worried then get then sprint version. Its the same price.