Got my A81g today....problems already.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
I received my tablet today. I charged it for 4 hours and left it alone. I then started exploring the device and checking out the features. After about 30 minutes of use, it went back to the Android Screen, booted up, then back to the Android screen and then boot up. Then the screen went black and nothing since. I unplugged it and removed the battery for 30 minutes. Put the battery back in and turned it on. I got the load screen with the 2 leaves then, endless black screen. I'm not sure what else to try. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ned Lud

Feb 21, 2011
Have you thought about just returning it immediately, or are you afraid of the Merimobile Curse?

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
Yup same one. Returning it did cross my mind but, they got back to me with some very helpful suggestions. Turns out all it needed was a firmware update. It's doing better now. Not perfect but, better. Some apps still just refuse to work and constantly crash out. Thankfully, The Kindle app is working like a charm and so is Youtube.

greenfrog

Aug 11, 2010
Just because an app installs does not mean it will run correctly on these tablets, remember the Android OS on these tablets was written for a phone not a tablet and are modified by the manufacturer.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
Point taken. This is all we got right now though. At least a new firmware update came out today. Hopefully this will help things get better for those of us having issues.

Barry S

Apr 8, 2011
I received my tablet today. I charged it for 4 hours and left it alone. I then started exploring the device and checking out the features. After about 30 minutes of use, it went back to the Android Screen, booted up, then back to the Android screen and then boot up. Then the screen went black and nothing since. I unplugged it and removed the battery for 30 minutes. Put the battery back in and turned it on. I got the load screen with the 2 leaves then, endless black screen. I'm not sure what else to try. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
You can remove the battery and run the Tablet directly from the mains charger....that will remove the possibility of a faulty battery. I have found the on / off button to be a bit 'iffy'. the button is green for mains with no battery or fully charged and green / red when charging.

mal_k100

Apr 14, 2011
Hi,
You can remove the battery and run the Tablet directly from the mains charger....that will remove the possibility of a faulty battery. I have found the on / off button to be a bit 'iffy'. the button is green for mains with no battery or fully charged and green / red when charging.
--------------------------------------------------------
Green when it is plugged in, when the battery is present. This means that the bettery is fully charged.
red/green when charging.

Suggest that you check battery status with one of the Apps - I have "Battery Widget " on my screen.