Got my replacement vtab again

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Just got my replacement vtab and its ver .57 so no root and 2.0 won't show up yet.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Day 2still no honeycomb update also my market won't update?????????

2THEXTRM

Jan 4, 2012
knew it was only a matter of time before their recert units would ship with .57, dirty birds! Us rooted Vtab users are dwindling and so the small potential for dev support is likely gone. Oh well, might almost be time to give to my mom for web surfing and puzzle playing. I really like the size of the Vtab, 8" seems to be the sweet spot for size and price is reasonable. Asus will probably be my next tab just because I like many here enjoy tinkering, tweaking and flashing. In the meantime, going to keep my eye open for someone to root with HC and at least give basic control that root provides!

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
Now it won't even let me look for the update keeps saying I have no wifi even though its working fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
So factory restore

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

OK did the factory restore and it worked got the honeycomb update it did not force reset so I went looking for the update. Zip could not get because I'm not rooted : ( sorry guys. Good thing is that it can be done just need a rooted tab with stock recovery. So far I love honeycomb will make a video in the morning of what it looks like.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Lol they know who you are.... Man i dont get my replacement till Tuesday

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Lol they know who you are.... Man i dont get my replacement till Tuesday

I am done hacking with this thing. It has the 1.5 Update firmware .57. So no root.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Im still going to try on hc to get root at least

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Still no Honeycomb. I have restarted a few times but still it does not find it.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
The HC updates have been hit or miss as far as the OTA push. I got my Vtab in Nov but was one of the first to get the HC update. Members/Vtab owners who got theirs long before me took several days longer than me so there seems to be no rhym or reason how the OTA push is going. One member who blocked his(girlfriend I think) and it took two weeks or so to push thru again.

I wonder if doing another factory reset might work.

Jim

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Many thanks. I have tried the factory reset a couple of times but still no luck. I guess I just have to wait.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I think they just provide a limited number of download slots, the updater service asks the server for an update and as long as there is no free slot, the server denies this is repeated on each boot or once a day i guess.

--------------------------
tapatalked from Galaxy S