Got Netflix working on A500?! I do! XD

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
I have had streaming Netflix for well over a year and love it. I can always find something to watch. There's a 30 day free trial and a no hassle cancle policy so if I were you i'd give it a try.

karbar32

Jul 9, 2012
I like the fact that netflix is now available on the Acer A500 however I have heard negative feedback regarding netflix. Just wanted to get someones opinion who has netflix. I have heard that netflix has old movies and even thou the price is good the movie selection is very weak if your looking for the newer movies? Is this true?
I know this question is 2 months old, but for anyone who's never subscribed to a pay tv service before, the distribution ''food chain'' is
-Theatrical release
-DVD/Blu Ray
-Pay tv- pay networks (which Netflix Instant falls under) and pay per view,
-Basic cable/local tv syndication

Pay services like Netflix, HBO, Showtime are not sold ''newly released on dvd'' movies during the dvd sales 'window'. Because Netflix's dvd side rents ''new out on disc'' titles, many people assume that the streaming service can show those too, but they can't. Instant Watch must wait for the Pay tv sales window to license movies to stream. Plus, if the other services buy exclusive rights to the output of individual studios, then IW is blocked from carrying the movies from that studio.

Instant Watch has alot to offer, but if you want to see the latest dvd releases, you'll have to rent them on disc, or use Vudu or Amazon Video's streaming pay per view or cable ppv.