Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

FlipSRT4

Dec 1, 2011
Just installed the files from the link on post one with the intructions that leave out installing the last vending.apk (because op said it may break your stuff),7125 and the market is working on my 3rd gen 7125, thank you sooo much OP!!!!!!!!:cool: i think its an old version of the market but oh well, i have my epic 4g for all the bling lol

EDIT: my home button(i mean the circle one between the back buttton and the menu button) did stop working about 6 hours after i installed the android market, but it only stopped working after my tablet froze up from running an app. I went to privacy and reset it and its now back to working. Ill try re installing and see if it stops again

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
does anybody know if this will work on the 8127? i have searched and have not found a definite answer.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
does anybody know if this will work on the 8127? i have searched and have not found a definite answer.

to back up what lfom said these instructions are actually not even for a coby tablet originally so yea it should work

here are the latest files + latest market if you don't have them

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
i havent even bought the tablet yet. i have been doing research on which one to get. im stuck between the 7127 and the 8127. is the extra inch worth $20-$30?

shrimpy23

Nov 27, 2011
Hey so if you dont install the last vending APk did your home button work??
I resetted my device and re did the process without the last apk and it worked fine. The last vending.zip is not necessary and may break your device. Glad u guys got it going. Going to try to learn how to build a custom rom if i dont see any development on it. Im a programmer so im guessing it wouldnt be too tough.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
this is great and thanks to whoever got the market to work on the kyros. i have a 7127. the only thing that stinks is that "in app purchases" cannot be made. some games have addons that are only available from within the game itself. has anyone had success making an in-app purchase?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
this is great and thanks to whoever got the market to work on the kyros. i have a 7127. the only thing that stinks is that "in app purchases" cannot be made. some games have addons that are only available from within the game itself. has anyone had success making an in-app purchase?

Try installing MarketUpdater.apk so the app will update itself to the latest compatible version. Some apps may list themselves as "not compatible", what will require to change LCD density to 160 (requires rooting). If you change LCD density, clear Market data in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications before rebooting.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
Try installing MarketUpdater.apk so the app will update itself to the latest compatible version. Some apps may list themselves as "not compatible", what will require to change LCD density to 160 (requires rooting). If you change LCD density, clear Market data in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications before rebooting.
i tried the market updater from the gtablet zip. didn't update the market at all. i'll do a search for a way to change the screen density. will that somehow enable the market to update?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
i tried the market updater from the gtablet zip. didn't update the market at all. i'll do a search for a way to change the screen density. will that somehow enable the market to update?

If there is a FOTAKill.apk, don't install it, it kills the auto update feature. If you have installed this file, remove it.

No, changing LCD density only improves compatibility for tablets using Market 3.x.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
i don't think fota is on the kyros stock rom. i know it's not in the gtab zip. but i'll search using root explorer anyways. i installed lcd density and set to 160. cleared market and updater data. rebooted. still got the old market with just search,downloads and help after pressing menu. any suggestions?

MajorCord

Dec 10, 2011
Hello all!

Just purchased Coby 7022. Installed Android Marketplace from instructions found on here, and everything works except that the search function does not work. Keep getting a message "problem with server. Press retry or cancel to return to previous screen." Any thoughts?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
i don't think fota is on the kyros stock rom. i know it's not in the gtab zip. but i'll search using root explorer anyways. i installed lcd density and set to 160. cleared market and updater data. rebooted. still got the old market with just search,downloads and help after pressing menu. any suggestions?

Install any known working version 3.x Market up to 3.3.11, avoid beta or modded ones, use "generic" builds.

temper13

Dec 10, 2011
To extract the files you have to use the computer or can you do it with the tablet? And you extract them and save it to your sd card, so you can just plug the computer straight to the tablet and save it to your sd card that way? Sorry just making sure I am doing everything correctly probably making it more complicated than what it is.