Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

shrimpy23

Nov 27, 2011
Hello so i got COBY KYROS MID7022 want to know what to download and install best to get the market place with out errors!

Disavowed

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks daprospecta!!!! I followed your instructions andgot the market working,with maps (it found me in wifi location just fine). Couldn't have been easier! Did this on my brand new 7127.

melijones

Dec 27, 2011
Ok - so I've tried just about every way listed on this site (and in the video) to get the marketplace working right on my son's mid-7022 and everytime I download the "G Tablet.zip" file I get an error message saying "Please insert last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue". Can someone please let me know how to correct this, or email me the complete set of files needed? Thanks!

Txdragonflyz

Dec 27, 2011
Hello all, I just joined this forum and have been reading for the past couple of hours before I decided to register. I find you guys to be quite helpful and informative. I have learned some new tricks and lingo here already! I dont think it will take you long to figure out that I dont know jack about this Coby 7022 I just purchased, but I have figured out that it will need some tweaking to get it running the way I want it to. I am aware from multiple complaints, that the appslib market is not that great, and that it got so busy over the holidays, it shut the site down for "maintenance"..lol. I want to put the Android market on it, and I want to do it as simply and quickly as possible. I have not rooted this thing, since I dont know what that means, and I dont know how to do it. ( I think it means to jail-break, or unlock its secrets.) I have watched some moronic you tube videos, and I feel kinda bad judging them, since I dont know how to do it and they know so much about it they made a video to show me..but dang! some of those things are BAD!! So bad, I couldn't stand to get through them. I intend to do a bunch more reading here, and Im sure I will find what IM looking for , but in the mean time, if any of you want to point me down a quicker path, feel free! I really enjoy your posts, and look forward to hearing from any and all of you!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hopefully I can help TX I haven't been on this forum for months but I am back. You will need to install clockwork mod. Here is the link to do that.
CyanogenMod for Telechips | androtab.info it's about half way down the page but the instructions are there.
Then go here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...889-video-hulu-working-coby-kyros-7022-a.html and download the zip file from post 8. Once you have it on your tablet reboot into recovery(Clockwork mod) and go to option "flash zip from sdcard" find the zip file(wherever you saved it) and flash it. Restart and then go to the market and download superuser and then you are rooted!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
go download winrar and use that to extract files from the zip file. Extract them on your pc and either transfer them to your tablet or email them to yourself through gmail and go to gmail.com on your tablet and download the files that way.

Txdragonflyz

Dec 27, 2011
Dapro~ I have much enjoyed your posts and I watched the video as well. It all seems easy enough, and I fully plan to tackle this over the New Years weekend when I am off. I did notice one thing at the end of the video...the message on the screen referenced a phone and a google account. I have gmail...is that what they mean? I do not have an android phone...is it required to get the market? Is this going to be a big waste of my time to try and do this and I dont have a droid phone, so I cant use the market? Can you tell from my post that a total newbie I am?? lol..sorry, IM just lost and my son wants the android market on his tablet. He actually got appslib to work toady and was able to download a few things he wanted...btw....we have the coby 7022. thanks.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Correct your gmail account ia all you nee d to sign into the market. Rooting this tablet will turn it into a serviceable tablet with full market

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Tablet Forum

jimdogg1269

Dec 28, 2011
hello everyone.. im pretty new at this so here goes, i got my wife the coby 7022-4g and im trying to install the market on it so its like our android phones, ive downloaded the g.zip files and the gapps.zip file but when i try to open them or extract the files on my pc it says invalid or empty.. what am i doing wrong?

rednkgrl

Dec 28, 2011
Hi, just got the Kyros 7127 for my daughter, will these techniques work for this tablet? I'm very new to android tablets, so would appreciate simplicity:eek:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
It takes a little more effort on the 7127 to get the full market but it isnt that hard. Have to root with superoneclick and then use lcd density to change the resalution to 160.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

melijones

Dec 27, 2011
Dapro - What do I do with the G Tablet zip file that won't download correctly? I would prefer not to root my son's tablet if possible...I just need market working. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi, just got the Kyros 7127 for my daughter, will these techniques work for this tablet? I'm very new to android tablets, so would appreciate simplicity:eek:

There're some threads with step by step procedures for 7127, why don't you try them?