Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

ACE61502

Dec 14, 2011
OK, so the market appears to no longer be supported. Anyone have a download for Google Play Store? What's the point in changing it?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
when i open the market on my 1024 it automatically update to google play. the point is just because the google change its name to google play. the same store anyway.

Canuck

Apr 2, 2012
So I've gone thru da propecta's descriptions, watched the video and everything works fine
I'm able to Get Google Market 1.82 Running on a Coby Kyros Mid 7024 and I'm happy to be able to download a few programs like Linked in, Google Maps, Gmail etc all running together peacefully.

One problem that wasn't a problem before I tried the upgrade.

Now when I try to install Angry Birds (Space, Rio or Seasons) the google market place downloads it. It appears to install it correctly, but when I run Angry Birds all I get is the Splash page and then the program goes away and dumps me back into my home screen.

Before I did the Market Upgrade I was able to run Angry Birds with no problem at all.

One thing I did notice is that when I went through the sign-up procedure at Google Marketplace , GM now thinks my tablet is a T-mobile phone.
There didn't appear to be any options to change that selection.
It also thinks I'm in the USA (we dont have T-mobile) here in Canada.
So I've noticed that some programs that were uniquely Canadian i.e TD Bank app.............now won't let me download the app because they think I'm in USA.

I'm wondering whether I might be getting frozen out of Angry Birds because of cross border licensing bull-cr*p, or because it thinks my "phone" is incompatible with a "tablet" version or if there is something else that I might have changed when doing the update. Any ideas?

yanco

Apr 6, 2012
Ok, so I got myself yesterday a brand new 7022. I installed ClockworkMod with super user.

Then I installed 1. GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk, 2. OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, 3. SetupWizard-signed.apk, 4. com.android.vending-3.3.12.apk, com.adobe.flashplayer.v10.3.185.21.apk. I made a mistake, when I installed the market, I opened it and tried to log-in instead of rebooting first. The logging in failed, then I rebooted and selected Launcher and use als default.

Then I linked my Google account to my device. It now shows in my account as Telechips MID7022.

However, most of the apps I can't download and install because I get the message: [h=3]This app is incompatible with your Telechips MID7022.[/h]
Did I do anything wrong or is it normal that most Android Market apps are incompatible?

Also, Flash doesn't seem to work in my webbrowser still...

ngnr_Frank

Dec 26, 2011
Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

Thank you, I followed this instructions and I've installed GApps on my 7" tablet Mpman Mp720 (clone of Coby Kyros MID-7020).
I've changed Vending.apk in "G Tablet.zip" file with Vending.apk of "Vending.zip" file, after I've installed Google Play Store over the old Market.

Scimitar

Apr 29, 2012
Hi there,

I try this and the system do not install "Vending.apk" form the list. After this I got regular crashes like before with "com.android.vending"-errors. Any help?
Thanks,
Axel.

Scimitar

Apr 29, 2012
Try rename your tablet's name in build.prop for example in htc_flyer - and everything will be ok. You need su rights for this.

BannedHost

May 16, 2012
Sorry for double posting this but it might be usefull

Latest version of Google Play for MID7022 and works like a charm even back button. No root needed.... ( if you want to be avaliable most apps on the market you need to root it with a single click [[url=http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/93228598/file.html]SuperOneClickv2.3.3[/URL]] and modify with lcd resolution app the pixel range on the tablet. set it to 160 then clear privacy data of google play from settings - application )
G_Tablet.zip

Please read the readme.txt inside the zip before proceding.

Last edited:

megari

Jun 19, 2012
daprospecta, I did followed you instructions on your you tube video and NEED you help! I can no longer WIFI my tablet as it keeps looping; obtaining IP address etc.../ scanning etc...I have a MID1126. I have the market app but I can't logon to my google since I can't get wifi to work. What can I do?

megari

Jun 19, 2012
Okay' i have tried factory reset and I still can't use the wifi. It seems that the since I have check the box for the launcher, it affect the wifi.

Please help

droidman05

Aug 12, 2011
did everything but on last step vending(market) won't install. I tried to launch it as is and market WORKS!! I downloaded and installed an app. I have kyros mid7020 though.
Thanks a lot!

Were do i get those apks from?

Thanks in advance

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Sorry if I shouldn't be bumping this thread, but I've updated to google play to the letter of the instructions and when downloading most apps (even root explorer!) I can't, getting the error

"XXXX" couldl not be downloaded due to an error. (942)

Anyone have this same issue and how did you solve it?

Cobymid8042

Nov 27, 2012
So... I thought this might work for the Coby Kyros MID8042... and it has.. at least partially. Since I am not even sure this should have been tried, I'll explain I followed the instructions to the letter. and all went well. However, upon rebooting, I attempted to open the market and its asking for a G-account. So I entered one, and it will not connect. It says after hanging for a few seconds "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". My wifi is working perfectly, so it isn't that. No idea what to do now, or if this is even fixable. Anyone have any suggestions?

BalaZ

Dec 25, 2012
I am having an problem with this.. After installation of all the 4 files as you said, When i try to link my Google account with a Wifi connection, i get this Error - "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" . I have tried Factory reset too. Can you help?

Last edited:
C

crobar

Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

I realize this was posted Several years ago, and you may never see this, but.....
I Just acquired my Coby Kyros mid 7125 a month ago, and have bee trying to update it, as it is still running Android 2.3.3 !
After MUCH searching online, I found this post and I just wanted you to know that it still works, and is still out there helping folks like myself!!
THANK YOU, for putting this up!
I now have the Android Market,and...yes, my Home button is functioning just fine. The vending.apk in the vending.zip file failed to install, however I simply used a market.apk file, found online in various places, installed it and it worked just fine.
Again, thank you so much. Your efforts are still helping those of us who are getting into the Android System late in the game.

MANY Thanks, friend.