Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Just the maps from the market

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

I meant what is the version number of the newest Android Market build, I'm running the 2.2.6 build and I wonder if it's the lastest version of it.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

kd83

Jun 14, 2011
Got the market put on last night on my 7022, mine did require the vending apk. The market did not load before i installed the vending apk, all my buttons are working. Wifi speed is normal and everything seems to be working just as it had before. One thing i did notice is now that tablet will wake itselfs from sleep at random time (ie the screen will turn on and then go back to sleep then a few seconds later it will light up again and then go back to sleep and just repeats this process)

Dangerous88

Jun 24, 2011
daprospecta,

After I dl the "Vending.zip and G Tablet.zip" files attached to your post I get "Cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive" error message using WinZip. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
I had a bad experience installing this on a 7024. I installed all the files in g tablet.zip in the specified order and rebooted. It asked me to continue setup by runnng the Setup Wizard (as opposed to the regular launcher), which I did. When it asked me to touch the android, I did so, but nothing happened (except that it changed color). I tried rebooting several times with the same result. Then I made the fatal mistake: I clicked the box that made the Setup Wizard my default launcher. Now, whenever I turn the Kyros on, even after a paperclip reset, it comes up with the same screen, which I cannot get past. So I cannot run any aps, including Settings. If I put it to sleep and wake it, it comes up with the lock screen, but when I unlock it, it goes black. So as it stands now, I cannot do anything with the Kyros. So at this point I'm looking for some way to reset the launcher to the default, or if necessary restore everything to the factory state, Any suggestions would be very welcome!-- Bruce

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I had a bad experience installing this on a 7024. I installed all the files in g tablet.zip in the specified order and rebooted. It asked me to continue setup by runnng the Setup Wizard (as opposed to the regular launcher), which I did. When it asked me to touch the android, I did so, but nothing happened (except that it changed color). I tried rebooting several times with the same result. Then I made the fatal mistake: I clicked the box that made the Setup Wizard my default launcher. Now, whenever I turn the Kyros on, even after a paperclip reset, it comes up with the same screen, which I cannot get past. So I cannot run any aps, including Settings. If I put it to sleep and wake it, it comes up with the lock screen, but when I unlock it, it goes black. So as it stands now, I cannot do anything with the Kyros. So at this point I'm looking for some way to reset the launcher to the default, or if necessary restore everything to the factory state, Any suggestions would be very welcome!-- Bruce
clear the default settings in
settings/apps/manage apps/launcher/clear defaults
press home and you should have two options.
check the box at the bottom so it will default to the android launcher

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
daprospecta,

After I dl the "Vending.zip and G Tablet.zip" files attached to your post I get "Cannot open file, it does not appear to be a valid archive" error message using WinZip. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Redownload them and go get winrar. Use winrar to extract the files. You can download it free at Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com or search google. If that doesn't work then I'll find a way to get you the apk's.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
Well done, sirs! I installed the apks, except for the final vending one as some other responses about it spooked me.

Got Market to launch. Apps install fine. I do notice that not all apps are listed (ex Foursquare, Facebook). Any ideas for fixing this? Would the final vending.apk be the key? I'm more inclined to believe that a file which checks against the device type would need modification.

Also, does anyone have more indepth directions on how to back up the ROM as is? I was considering trying CM7 on this, and am experienced enough to do so on Nook Color and Gtab --- but those are virtually unbrickable. I don't want my overconfidence to lead me to a paperweight with the 7022.

Thanks!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Well done, sirs! I installed the apks, except for the final vending one as some other responses about it spooked me.

Got Market to launch. Apps install fine. I do notice that not all apps are listed (ex Foursquare, Facebook). Any ideas for fixing this? Would the final vending.apk be the key? I'm more inclined to believe that a file which checks against the device type would need modification.

Also, does anyone have more indepth directions on how to back up the ROM as is? I was considering trying CM7 on this, and am experienced enough to do so on Nook Color and Gtab --- but those are virtually unbrickable. I don't want my overconfidence to lead me to a paperweight with the 7022.

Thanks!
Go ahead and install the market in the vending.zip. I thought it caused my home button not work but it didn't. It's the new market as well. Some apps won't be in there but most will be in the new market. Some apps you won't be able to get because we are on gingerbread and not all have been modified to show on 2.3 yet.
Go to this post and follow's fun's link and try installing recovery that way. If that doesn't work then try my way. As soon as you get recovery installed, boot into recovery( hold down back button while turning on device) then go to backup and you will have a backup of the your current rom. Remember.....follow fun's post first, if that doesn't work then try me way but my way is complicated.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-recovery-cm7-working-coby-kyros-7022-a.html

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Got the market put on last night on my 7022, mine did require the vending apk. The market did not load before i installed the vending apk, all my buttons are working. Wifi speed is normal and everything seems to be working just as it had before. One thing i did notice is now that tablet will wake itselfs from sleep at random time (ie the screen will turn on and then go back to sleep then a few seconds later it will light up again and then go back to sleep and just repeats this process)
Unfortunately this happens with mine except mine doesn't do it but every 15 mins which I don't mind. Doesn't effect seem to effect my battery to much.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
I guess it must be the gingerbread issue then... vending didn't make a diff. Managed to flash dump.zip but like you, couldn't get recovery to boot via power/back as Fun described.

11:20pm - NEVER MIND. I'm so stupid. Forgot to rename the zip as update.zip.

Last edited:

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
clear the default settings in settings/apps/manage apps/launcher/clear defaultspress home and you should have two options. check the box at the bottom so it will default to the android launcher
The problem is that I can't get to Settings (or anything else) because I can't get past the initial "Touch the android" screen. Or am I missing something?