Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

bogart56

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for the link and the info. The only reason im interested in rooting is for a rom. We can sideload apk's out of the box. The 7015 is easier to root. I took that one back to get the 7022. Too bad there wasnt a miui rom for this thing.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Thanks for the link and the info. The only reason im interested in rooting is for a rom. We can sideload apk's out of the box. The 7015 is easier to root. I took that one back to get the 7022. Too bad there wasnt a miui rom for this thing.
I would pay for a MIUI rom on this thing. Doesn't seem to be impossible. Have thought about putting the stock rom through a kitchen but don't know how much improvement it would do. Fun is working on cm7 for this tablet. He has it functional but you can't watch high def videos on it.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
How is rooting goneing to expand my nand memory what can i do with a rooted 7022
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It won't open more nand memory unless you do it manually. It gives you complete control of your tablet. For instance if your rooted you can delete the phone and telephony apks to get rid of the cell phone stand by service. You can control the speed of your processor like if your watching a flash video on browser and you need more power you can set the processor to stay at 1ghz. Things like that. It puts you in complete control of your tablet.
I am rooted because I'm always testing things and alot of the times I need root.
Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

powerwalk

Feb 5, 2011
I'm in a huge rush so I don't have to time to post until later but I got the market working without rooting(still haven't figured that out just yet)! Will post instructions and files soons.

A huge thank you, daprospecta, installed your files and market worked on the first try. I have gotten so much useful information from both you and this site that a simple thank you seems inadequate.

bogart56

Jun 27, 2011
I think i'll wait till funs rom is stable. tipstir from altechnet has a honeycomb rom out for the 7015.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I am interested in learning how to build roms and kernels(lot of time on my lunch breaks) but most posts I find are about how to add apps and stuff to roms. If someone could point me in the direction of learning these roms on a code level then I would get started right away.

to make kernel, you need to get kernel source code for 7022. Android/Linux kernel is GPLed but many chinese small factories doesn't release their source code in public. so you can't make kernel for 7022.

to make android, you can get basic/generic code from the net. refer
Get Involved | Android Open Source
Building from source - CyanogenMod Wiki
you can learn generic android things from there.

but code for telechips specific features e.g. hw video decoder aren't released. you can use some telechips files in stock rom with generic code, but you can't use many features.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
to make kernel, you need to get kernel source code for 7022. Android/Linux kernel is GPLed but many chinese small factories doesn't release their source code in public. so you can't make kernel for 7022.

to make android, you can get basic/generic code from the net. refer
Get Involved | Android Open Source
Building from source - CyanogenMod Wiki
you can learn generic android things from there.

but code for telechips specific features e.g. hw video decoder aren't released. you can use some telechips files in stock rom with generic code, but you can't use many features.

Sounds like we can't do much till they release the kernels. Really was hoping to overclock this thing. Still decent tablet

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
Daprospecta , I am also in need of the zip files for the market setup for my 7022. I PM you earlier today with my email. Have a great day!

romello

Jun 24, 2011
daprospecta I download installed the Vending.zip to get the up to date market but when i download it say unsuccsful and once i root i will have complet control totaly