Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

pastlife209

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks everyone for the tips. My kyros 7022 is now running the market. Easy with a dropbox, no sdcard or connection needed. I installed the old market first, then upgraded to new one. It crashed alot and had dl errors with some apps so i downgraded to older market. It is running much better now. There is one issue, though.

When i do a search, sometimes the results dont show, it will say 1300 results or something, and will only list a couple apps. It wont scrolldown anymore than one page. This only happens when searching for certain terms. Such as "plants", will show 1340 results, but then i can only view/select about 5. Anyone have this issue?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks everyone for the tips. My kyros 7022 is now running the market. Easy with a dropbox, no sdcard or connection needed. I installed the old market first, then upgraded to new one. It crashed alot and had dl errors with some apps so i downgraded to older market. It is running much better now. There is one issue, though.

When i do a search, sometimes the results dont show, it will say 1300 results or something, and will only list a couple apps. It wont scrolldown anymore than one page. This only happens when searching for certain terms. Such as "plants", will show 1340 results, but then i can only view/select about 5. Anyone have this issue?

What market version are you using?

nessaarene

Jan 5, 2012
I tired installing the new files+newest market, but when I try to install the first 3 apks, I get "parse error, there was a problem parsing the package"??

pastlife209

Dec 29, 2011
Im running version1.82. When i exit the market and then return it will load completely, allowing me to view all results. Only once and a while it doesnt load completely. Not a problem. I can deal with restarting the app once in a while.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

maxejohn

Jan 6, 2012
I purchased a MID7016 for my daughter and was able to get the market using the instructions provided by daprospecta. Thanks alot. I want to know can you help me with flash for you tube. I have installed it and can see where it says flash player settings but once i click on it, it opens the browser with a blank black screen. I've uninstalled a few times a have been searching and searching. If its not possible is it other ways my daughter can watch youtube videos on it? Thanks

jimh1943

Jan 7, 2012
I have been using a 7022 since July and agree with many posters that it is a great little device especially for the price!!! Very early I added the Market version 1.82 with no issues but now am wanting to upgrade to a newer version of Market. The biggest issue to me is not being able to purchase an "in app" upgrade to a game/app. I see that several have tried upgrades without success -- I have tried myself with on luck! Has anyone locked in on a procedure to upgrade the 1.82 version to "new Market"...??? Thanks,

rdbates

Dec 30, 2011
I purchased a MID7016 for my daughter and was able to get the market using the instructions provided by daprospecta. Thanks alot. I want to know can you help me with flash for you tube. I have installed it and can see where it says flash player settings but once i click on it, it opens the browser with a blank black screen. I've uninstalled a few times a have been searching and searching. If its not possible is it other ways my daughter can watch youtube videos on it? Thanks
Flash video browser available on amazon android market for .99

njtab

Jan 23, 2012
hi, i just followed all these instructions and got the market and other apps on my 7022. however, the back button didnt work, the lock screen dissappeared, and my tablet would automatically unlock and not re lock itself, killing the battery overnight. is there any fix?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
hi, i just followed all these instructions and got the market and other apps on my 7022. however, the back button didnt work, the lock screen dissappeared, and my tablet would automatically unlock and not re lock itself, killing the battery overnight. is there any fix?

You messes system permissions, probably. Search the forum, you will need a factory reset and maybe restore your firmware. There are a couple of threads about this related to 7022.

Omnios

Feb 3, 2012
Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

Used this without the last vending part and works so far. Not sure but think I remember the vending part is if you want to buy apps not sure on that though.

Just a note from instructions I noticed the G app has a lot of other files I just copied the app folder with the .apk files and ommitted the others just in case as they may cause problems

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hey I followed your youtube tutorial and it was all going well until I tried to download the vending.apk it just says not installed I restarted it and now its set on the google screen slide keyboard to continue! What do I do???

You should be using the latest market anyways here is a link to 3.4.4. You will need to sign the apk file using zipsigner 2 choosing "platform" in order for it to install.

Market.apk

Last edited:

keyndra

Feb 23, 2012
I downloaded it and opened it but no change, do you think you could walk me thru it should ibe r-booting the tablet nd starting from scrach ???? I'm a novice please help
You should be using the latest market anyways here is a link to 3.4.4. You will need to sign the apk file using zipsigner 2 choosing "platform" in order for it to install.

Market.apk

fire550

Feb 22, 2012
Not sure were to put this. I have rooted MID7022 and when I try to watch a video on HBOGO or comcast or netflix. it now tells me my date and time are incorrect and fix it in settings. I look and the date and time are correct. any ideas?