Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

aminwn

Jun 13, 2011
Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

did everything but on last step vending(market) won't install. I tried to launch it as is and market WORKS!! I downloaded and installed an app. I have kyros mid7020 though.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
I have install the market per daprospecta instruction not only the market work my GMAIL account works all my purchased apps are on my apps downloads section. Google map now see my location via WIFI. Just have be careful about apps memory. At least Gingerbread has built in AP to SD. Many thanks for the instruction. PS my home button works.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I resetted my device and re did the process without the last apk and it worked fine. The last vending.zip is not necessary and may break your device. Glad u guys got it going. Going to try to learn how to build a custom rom if i dont see any development on it. Im a programmer so im guessing it wouldnt be too tough.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

talkiesnoks

Jun 19, 2011
I just bought this tablet and want to achieve your process but am a novice and do not know how to follow these instructions. Can you give a little bit more detail for a computer illiterate? Thanks so much!

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
Has anyone tried this on the 7024 with 2.2 or is it just for gingerbread? I have market but location awareness in maps etc. Not working.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I just bought this tablet and want to achieve your process but am a novice and do not know how to follow these instructions. Can you give a little bit more detail for a computer illiterate? Thanks so much!
What you are going to do is put the sd card on your computer or plug your tablet up to the pc and enable the mass storage. Extract the files from the g tab zip to your computer. Copy the new gtab folder to your sd card. Plug up your sd card back into your tablet or unplug your tablet from the pc(whichever method you chose). Es File Explorer is already installed on your tablet. Whenever the app comes up it should already be in the root directory of the sdcard. Find the G tablet folder and you will see the file names of the files you need. To install an app, click on the application icon and it will prompt you to install and the install button will be on the bottom. Press that button and it will install the app. Install the apps in the order listed below then reboot. You don't have to run the setup wizard when it reboots, you can just choose launcher. When you go the market for the first time, you have to sync your gmail with market. Hope this helps.
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk

mgbfv11m2001

Jun 19, 2011
hey guys...i'm even dumber and newer tablets, but wife got me this tablet coby kyros mid7022-4G...i haven't opened it yet, so seeing you have figured out how to get the app market to install, is it worth keeping it or exchanging it, don't want a 10" screen, like the 7" better, and basically just want to be able to web brows, use a few apps, online radio stations, games..etc...i also play caseary and grepolis can you access these online games with this tablet?? thanks for any info/advice you have.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
hey guys...i'm even dumber and newer tablets, but wife got me this tablet coby kyros mid7022-4G...i haven't opened it yet, so seeing you have figured out how to get the app market to install, is it worth keeping it or exchanging it, don't want a 10" screen, like the 7" better, and basically just want to be able to web brows, use a few apps, online radio stations, games..etc...i also play caseary and grepolis can you access these online games with this tablet?? thanks for any info/advice you have.

This tablet does everything you mentioned well except for the online games because I haven't tried that yet.the specs on this thing isn't bad and honestly I haven't found this tablet to lack in any area that I've needed and I've been on android two years plus. Are there better tablets? Of course but not at this price point. cm7 on this thing will make this good tablet great.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I've been trying to root this tablet and everything I've tried so far doesn't work and it disables the home button. Thought id inform the board that if your home button stops working after an install just reset the device under privacy under settings.you will lose your self installed apps though.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I have install the market per daprospecta instruction not only the market work my GMAIL account works all my purchased apps are on my apps downloads section. Google map now see my location via WIFI. Just have be careful about apps memory. At least Gingerbread has built in AP to SD. Many thanks for the instruction. PS my home button works.
You got Google maps to see your location? Really? Did you add anything extra? I tried maps after it installed but it wouldn't see my location. Is there a setting I have to turn on?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I also have not been able to get my location to work.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
You got Google maps to see your location? Really? Did you add anything extra? I tried maps after it installed but it wouldn't see my location. Is there a setting I have to turn on?

I updated Google maps to version 5.6.0 from the market.