Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
The problem is that I can't get to Settings (or anything else) because I can't get past the initial "Touch the android" screen. Or am I missing something?

Try rebooting into recovery. hold down back button while powering on. Reset the device. If that doesn't work I think you will have to install via fast boot which isn't hard but tedious

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
My way isn't difficult just tedious. the apps you seek if free(some not free but I'm not promoting that haha) can be found on google.just search "facebook.apk download". You will find a link easily.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
I found Facebook about 20 mins ago, I agree it was easy to sideload. Foursquare refuses to install. I'm going to search around xda for more info on that one...

romello

Jun 24, 2011
daprospecta I installed the market and works fine but didnt install vending apk that was with your attacment. Also what else can i do to make my coby 7022 to be customize like a jailbroken IPOD TOUCH.

romello

Jun 24, 2011
What is a rom on a tablet because on the ipod its like for NES and other things like that and what is clock rocvery mod

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
daprospecta I installed the market and works fine but didnt install vending apk that was with your attacment. Also what else can i do to make my coby 7022 to be customize like a jailbroken IPOD TOUCH.
Honestly not much that you couldn't do before you installed the market. You have access to more apps now to make it your own but there isn't any rom development right now for this tablet other than fun's version of cm7. It's cool to look at but most of the functions that make this tablet what it is doesn't work. For the most part, this rom is vanilla which is good. There isn't any bloatware that comes with most new phones and tablets, just plain ole android. The only thing a custom rom could do for this tablet is speed it up a little but a fixed kernel is what we need. If we can overclock this thing to 1.2 or 1.3 then it will fly. I am a programmer but I don't know Linux. I am interested in learning how to build roms and kernels(lot of time on my lunch breaks) but most posts I find are about how to add apps and stuff to roms. If someone could point me in the direction of learning these roms on a code level then I would get started right away.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
What is a rom on a tablet because on the ipod its like for NES and other things like that and what is clock rocvery mod
A rom is the Android operating system on your tablet. Clockwork recovery is all most like the Ms-Dos of Android. It allows you to install new roms, backup your current rom, install updates to your current rom, etc. It really helps people like me who are constantly testing new things. I have a backup and whenever something I install fubar's my tablet then I just install the backup and I'm right back to where I was.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I am currently uploading a how to install android market video to youtube right now. Going to try to do a review tonight. If you want some specific things addressed in that review, post now and I will try to address them in the video.

BruceM

Jun 24, 2011
Try rebooting into recovery. hold down back button while powering on. Reset the device. If that doesn't work I think you will have to install via fast boot which isn't hard but tedious
When I held either Home or Volume-up during power-up I got "Upgrade System Activated". I was able to recover that way. Thanks! I'm not going to try installing the market again before I figure out what I did wrong the first time, however.

UPDATE: After watching your video, I screwed up my courage and tried installing it again, and it went perfectly!

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited:

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
When I held either Home or Volume-up during power-up I got "Upgrade System Activated". I was able to recover that way. Thanks! I'm not going to try installing the market again before I figure out what I did wrong the first time, however.Thanks,Bruce

Glad you got it working. I'll try to do some research and see the procedure for getting market on the 7024.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

romello

Jun 24, 2011
ok because i was going to take it back what do you recomnd i put on my 7022 coby tablet and if your a programer what do you program

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
ok because i was going to take it back what do you recomnd i put on my 7022 coby tablet and if your a programer what do you program
I program windows programs but can do different languages like visual basic Java Delphi even a little COBOL but I want to learn to program these roms to make them better. I want to build a kernel that will allow us to overclock this tablet and fix the issue in some games with the sensor. If. I get good enough maybe even port a rom to this tablet. I just got an ebook offline about programming android so wish me luck. Oh as far as what you want to put on your tablet, I don't know what you use your tablet for. Give me some insight and I can recommend some things. Appbrain is a really good app. It keeps you up to date on the latest and greatest apps much better than the market does. Does anyone know how we can get our own 7022 section under kyros? I think we are confusing some users who have generation 2 tablets.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

aFriend

May 27, 2011
Got the market installed last night. Thanks daprospecta. First Android product for me and your instructions and vid made this real easy.

The 7022 was decent out of the box, but now feels much better that I have Flash, good browser and good youtube player. Battery seems to be the main drag now. Been getting between 3-4 on a full charge