Got tired of waiting!

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
For Vizio to bring out the new larger tablet so I picked up a Samsung Tab 2 10.1 at BJ's for $289. Not too bad of a price and it really is a nice tablet. I still use the Vtab and although it has had a few issue lately reading the SD card. I thought it might be dying ..will have to see. The Vtab got me into tablets and is still a neat tablet. The amazing thing is that my wife loves using them too!

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Samsung almost had me, but I ended up returning the tablet due to the clipboard crash bug.

Vizio... *sigh*... I don't know what they're thinking of. Their Facebook page is littered with posts from them singing the praises of their new Windows 8 tablet and not a thing about a 10" Android tablet. Nobody really cares about Windows 8 tablets (Windows 8 everything is doing horribly in the market), and it was all-but-ignored at CES. Their 10" Android tablet, meanwhile, got lots of attention at CES and won an award from one of the tech magazines.

I don't see a 10" tablet on the market right now that moves me. So I'll stick with the VTAB until I do.

Jim

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Jim, fortunately I have not experienced the "clipboard" issue and not sure what it is. The Samsung is a nice tablet and noticeably quicker than the Vtab but the Vtab is still getting lots of use here. I have the Navionics marine application loaded on it and it will be on my boat this weekend doing its job.I still have a very fond place in my tech heart for the Vtab and the SD card issue has not resurfaced.
The Samsung will be going also but for email,etc.

sabotank

Nov 15, 2011
Got tired of waiting on Vizio. Purchased a ASUS Vivotab Smart Win8 tablet. I participated in the the previews of windows 8 and i Hated (can i capitalize the H any more? lol) it. With a mouse. Smooth as silk with a touchscreen though. Dang near 6 months into the year and NOTHING new from Vizio. Their loss, and probably losing more every day. They had my money, either for a new android tab or a win8 one. Got tired of waiting on Vizio.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Having a touchscreen on Windows 8 makes all the difference in the world.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I thought Vizio was touting the heck out of Win8 tablets over on their FB page? (Not that I'd have on on a bet.)

Word was, as of about the time of CES, that their new Android tablet(s) would be out sometime this summer. We'll see. Back near the end of March, somebody noted it's on their web site now, so maybe it'll yet happen.

My experience with Samsung taught me the value of Costco's return policy, so, for me, it'll end up being whatever 10" non-Samsung Android tablet Costco carries. Got a couple friends waiting on the same thing.

Jim