Got USB working now how to get marketplace on Kyros MID7012?

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
I got my unit connected to PC. I found a thread that had some files to download.. but where do I put them? I didn't purchase a memory card.. do I need to in order to get marketplace working?

I've never installed anything before. This is my first experience with Android. I bought it as a gift for someone, but figured I should at least put Marketplace on it before giving it to them.

Also, can I over clock without rooting or no?

I tried to get it to connect to my wireless internet at home, but it doesn't work. Keeps disconnecting.

GerrittP

Dec 6, 2011
Go to this thread, Coby Kyros 7012-4G, and follow the directions in post #6. You can get marketplace without rooting. If you bought it for someone else I would say, yes, you should atleast put marketplace on it.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Post #6 contains a link to another post. The thing is I can download those files, but have NO idea where to put them or how to install an APK.

Can I use built in store or I must get external memory card?

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
That was easy to install APK's.. got them done, but I still haven't figured out how to get WIFI working. I have a NetGear WNR2000v3. I entered my password.. the Wi-Fi keeps saying scanning.. disconnected..

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Update router's firmware, if there is one. Then try changing security to WPA/WPA2 PSK with a 8 digits password.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Will try updating firmware.. there is one indeed. I already have it set to WPA/WPA2 PSK with 8 digit. I'm just afraid to update firmware and lose settings.. 'cause I got the TV hooked up too.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
No such luck. New firmware looks a lot more snazzy (the interface). My two computers and television still work just fine.

I'll go poke around some free Netgear support forum.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Have you ever used your tablet with WiFi and it worked fine? If yes, try removing the security (no password) in the router wireless settings. If it still doesn't work, I suggest that you try another router just to make sure tablet's fine.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Tried removing security too. I mean, really, tough, who's going to keep wireless running with no security.

So, I'll have to go some place that has WiFi such as the library and try it out. I haven't tried it with anything else so far. I only opened it up to setup Android Marketplace, because I'm giving this as a gift.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
The only WiFi setting I haven't tried so far is WPA/WPA2 Enterprise. I've no idea what all those three mean anyway.. I only use WPA2-PSK [AES] 'cause I initially set it up and needed to use something.

Now that I think back the media player hooked to my TV took some time to get working. It used to find my wireless network, but disconnect all the time too. Don't remember what I did to get it to work.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Setting your router to no security was only meant to be a test for your tablet's WiFi. You can test it using another router with other brand, of course.

One thing I noticed in my MID1024: if there is an open network (no password) nearby, sometimes it disconnects from my preferred secured network. I have to go to settings, select the open network, click on forget (albeit I never told it to connect to it) and then connect to my router.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
He made sure the device was turned off before plugging it in to the PC, and then powered it up, and selected turn on USB storage when it powered up. I hope this helps. :)

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Hi. Internet works just fine. I took it down to the library which has free WiFi. Connected instantly. I registered the phone with a Gmail account. Installed Angry Birds and Ninja Fruit from GetJAR. Now to figure out where to get marketplace apk.

So, this could be a good Christmas gift, could not be. All depends on if he gets it connected to WiFi at home.