GoToMeeting now in android market

lithium1330

Apr 23, 2011
Just FYI for those who have been waiting... Citrix Online released the GoToMeeting client for android tablet in August. I downloaded it yesterday and config. my account info - on Galaxy Tab. The audio is working pretty well, though I recommend use of a headset (my experience). Refresh (on tablet) works pretty well over wifi also. Tab the screen makes the presenter's screen go full screen vs. a border with settings, mute/unmute, etc.

So, what are the gaps? Here are some I noticed compared to a GoToMeeting on a PC (vs. you on the tablet). Not sure if you can do these on ipad client or not.
  • You (tablet) can join meetings, but not start or host a meeting.
  • You (tablet) cannot be given control of keybd/mouse to type/work on the organizer/presenter's screen.
  • If presenter is using GTM highlighter (e.g., red spot light) on the screen, the highlighter won't show up on your (tablet) screen.
  • If the organizer uses HDFaces (webcam), you cannot see the webcam on the tablet.
Those are some things I noticed. I'll try to use this more this coming week to see what else could be missing. HTH.

elmolinos

Jan 11, 2012
Do you know if this allows for remote control of the tablet from the host machine? Reason I am asking is that I gave my mother a Xoom for Christmas, and some times, it would be nice to be able see her screen to say... " that is the wrong icon, use the one further to the right" after she has said "but I already pressed that one..."

Marchinkovas

Mar 28, 2012
Now that some updates and common bug-fixes have been released for the gotomeeting tablet version (android), it really is working out to be a handy tool. Many of the old teething problems are starting to go away.