gpad702 rom advice please

frazmarti

Mar 15, 2011
I have tried to update my gpad with the clockwork mod but cant get past the start up page, it says fastboot mode.

I have no market other than the chinese one and youtube does not work, can anyone offer some advice:confused:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If it is a TCC8803, I don't think we have a working Clockworkmod for it yet. Not sure what exactly you did. I don't even know where to get a firmware package for that thing yet. Ask your supplier.

frazmarti

Mar 15, 2011
I bought Haipad M708 and should get it tomorrow. M708 is the same spec as Gpad702. Will let u know if I can get market and youtube working.

I managed to get youtube and flash to work via the chinese market place, I don't know how to or If I can root it also battery life is only around 2 hours.

Its quite a good little device though!

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
I managed to get youtube and flash to work via the chinese market place, I don't know how to or If I can root it also battery life is only around 2 hours.

Its quite a good little device though!

Here is the file someone root and clockworkmod recovery the M708. I will try it this weekend.

Please note root is risky and take your own responsibility.
M708_ROOT_Recovery.rar|115

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
The root file works for my M708. but it may not work for Gpad702. My Haipad M708 come with a working offical market preinstalled and youtube working without any problem, also battery life is 3.5hour+ with wifi on. Not sure what other differences between M708 and Gpad702.

frazmarti

Mar 15, 2011
The root file works for my M708. but it may not work for Gpad702. My Haipad M708 come with a working offical market preinstalled and youtube working without any problem, also battery life is 3.5hour+ with wifi on. Not sure what other differences between M708 and Gpad702.
Ive not tried to root yet, my battery life is now around 3 hours. Thanks for the update!

parastie

Apr 11, 2011
Really only 3 hours? That's not very good, I wonder if it can be improved on. I remember the SmartQ devices had a heavy draw because the phone portion of android was left running. I believe some custom ROMs attempted to remove it with varying success.

I hope to get one of these in early May, perhaps a new firmware will help out. At least Market works :)

parastie

Apr 11, 2011
There's a link on a chinese forum that appears to list the firmware. Here's a link to the google translate page: Google Translate

I downloaded it in attempt to examine the firmware, however I can't figure out how to extract the .img file. Any suggestions? I haven't gone through every possible option, but I'm hoping someone else already has the software necessary.

turnberry

Mar 30, 2011
.img is similar to .iso file, most virtual devices tool should be able to open it. google and try DAEMON.

parastie

Apr 11, 2011
.img is similar to .iso file, most virtual devices tool should be able to open it. google and try DAEMON.
Android .img files are not the same as .iso, and besides I've tried mounting it with daemon in windows and tried mounting it in Linux. I've also tried unyaffs as well. I'm beginning to think that this file is likely corrupted.