GPS for Android tablet

sqa

Jul 2, 2011
Hi I have eeePC for a while and using it in my travels. Now i am thinking to replace it with a tablet. Is an Android tablet can be used as GPS, but without connection to internet?
Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there are several different ways to do this, and we have multiple threads on the topics. please search with the keywords gps.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
And it depends if you want a traditional GPS or a turn by turn navigation tool?

Pete

sqa

Jul 2, 2011
ouch - never expected this thing Pete. Windows Streets and Trips, is it traditional or turn by turn?
what's the difference?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It is also going to depend on if the tablet has gps built in or if you are going to connect. Either way, you should be able to use Google maps and Nav.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

monkey2

Jun 23, 2011
I also use my Asus netbook with streets, with BU-353 Gps I bought off web .. works great .. we just did 6,000 miles with it .. and I tried to get Google maps to work .. but it couldn't find the GPS internal signal. I checked settings and it was on.

Every time I turned it on it went to hwy 60 out of Amarillo, TX.. and we were on I-40 .. same problem in North Carolina .. GM popped back to Hwy60 in TX .. very frustrating!

I use google maps all the time on my Droid .. works the best of everything I have .. 99% accurate!

What am I doing wrong??

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

monkey2

Jun 23, 2011
It can do either way .. spoken navigation or turn it off and use it to show where you are. The best part is you get a bigger view of where you are if needed!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

sqa

Jul 2, 2011
Monkey2, as I understand from your post you are very happy with your Android Tablet using Google maps. So what Tablet do you have? does it has GPS built in or connect it through usb?
Thanks